Premed 101 Forums

Wait-list update...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In real life he could be a completely normal person. I suspect he just doesn't have a job yet this summer and all that's important to him right now is getting into medschool. As a result he spends all his time here, or in his super secret layer using highly advanced deductive techniques to try to determine his place on the waiting list without knowing how many people are on the list, what his sketch score is, or how many people have been accepted so far.

Again.. he has to be a measure of normal, he clearly did well enough on the interview.

I think it all boils down to one fundamental relationship;

Normal person + Anonymity + Audience = Total jacka55

In real life he could be a completely normal person. I suspect he just doesn't have a job yet this summer and all that's important to him right now is getting into medschool. As a result he spends all his time here, or in his super secret layer using highly advanced deductive techniques to try to determine his place on the waiting list without knowing how many people are on the list, what his sketch score is, or how many people have been accepted so far.

Again.. he has to be a measure of normal, he clearly did well enough on the interview.

I think it all boils down to one fundamental relationship;

Normal person + Anonymity + Audience = Total jacka55

OK people, this bashing of med hopeful is getting just as annoying as med hopeful him/herself. We shouldn't have so much time on our hands to care that much.

The relationship doesn't just apply to med-hopeful, it applies to most people on the internet. Take for example, myself =P

This relationship is just as true when considering people on the internet as gravity is when considering people's attractive forces between themselves and the earth.

They're only filling the spots that have been outright rejected. There's a lot of spots that have been conditionally accepted and will only be final on June 13th. That's when most of the movement happens. At least that's what my friends at Ottawa U have told me.

Man, how much of the medschool applicant pool do you think actually frequents these boards? I have no clue about a solid number, but I know it's not a huge amount. There's also a lot of people that frequent these boards and don't post like us. Just because 3 people have said they've been pulled off the waiting list doesn't mean only 3 people have been pulled off the waiting list.

If you want to call, go ahead, but our 'good' waitlist emails specifically say don't call the admin office to ask for your place on the list. I think this also extends to other issues. Seriously it's 11 days until the 13th, take it in stride. Go do something outside, or play some online games, whatever floats your boat.

OMG.. sorry.. 14 days.. my bad.

If you're going to be out of town and not accessible for a while then I would call the admin office and inform them of your situation and ask them what you could do.

But seriously, where on the planet can you not access the internet unless you're in the backwoods of Northern Ontario? Man I was in the most remote areas of Peru last year and I could find internet cafe's anywhere except for absolute backwood camps.

OMG.. sorry.. 14 days.. my bad.

If you're going to be out of town and not accessible for a while then I would call the admin office and inform them of your situation and ask them what you could do.

But seriously, where on the planet can you not access the internet unless you're in the backwoods of Northern Ontario? Man I was in the most remote areas of Peru last year and I could find internet cafe's anywhere except for absolute backwood camps.

It is possible to not have hte internet. I am leaving the country on Thursday for rural villages in Indonesia. I have been told I will not have access to internet. I have my mother checking my email once a day while I am away and that works since I put her as my contact person in the event I could not on my OMSAS application. Log onto OMSAS and check to see if you put someone. If you did then that is all you need to do.

there looks like 30 people who are on the english side on the facebook group - but not all are on the actual list.

2nd - I was searching through old posts and it looks like omsas informs the schools of the people who are accepting where each FRIDAY- so they can adjust their waitlists - maybe ottawa spent today adjusting the rankings.

there looks like 30 people who are on the english side on the facebook group - but not all are on the actual list.

2nd - I was searching through old posts and it looks like omsas informs the schools of the people who are accepting where each FRIDAY- so they can adjust their waitlists - maybe ottawa spent today adjusting the rankings.

If I get a call tomorrow I will buy you a beer (or whatever Girly drink you like... if you're a Girly man that is =P) and apologize for giving you a hard time. This is an honest bet.

Obviously i'd say if a lot of people get calls, but really I can't verify anyone else getting a call for sure. Also, and probably most importantly, this set up makes this bet a win-win for me =P

What facebook group?

WHAT'S UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP !!!

GOT the call todayyyyyyyyyyy, I'm in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! can't believe it !!! ! since I was on the french stream list that NEVERRRRRRRR MOVESSSSSSSSSSS (LOL). It's THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE PERIODDDDDDDDDD !!!

my bro just send me an e-mail telling me that Chantal Renaud had good news for me but that I have to call her back as soon as possible, she send me an e-mail telling the same. I wasn't able to get her on the phone today thought. Wow, I just can't realize and just can't figure I'll be a doctor ....... with all that those two letters involve: MD WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!!!!

The only **** : i'm in ecuador till june 13th, communication is quite hard since we run out of power every day .........

Can't wait to meet you all in september guyssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss this is totally sick !!!!

P.S : AM I the only frenchy from MTL,QC around here ?

Wow...that's an awesome profile. You deserved to be admitted on May 15th and NO you're not dumb. I'm attending Ottawa U also. Join our facebook group.

I haven't had any success finding this facebook group. What is it called?

Archived