Premed 101 Forums

Kill the Radio: Suggestions for Listening Material

seeking1

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Both awesome.... I love Sunset Rubdown I think it's the best band to have come from Wolf Parade....

Fun news about music.... While sitting in weldon studying for the mcat saturday morning i was listening to the online feed of the CHRW top 30 and called in from my cubicle to win the top 5 cd's! haha

I got

Island, the Born Ruffians, the Lava Lamps, Olenka, and Spiritualized all of which I've been relatively impressed with so far....

(CHRW is an indie campus radio station here at western, weldon is a big ugly library at western) <-- just an explanation for words that otherwise make no sense.

That's awesome! I've been meaning to give Born Ruffians and the new Spiritualized a listen but they've been sitting on my iPod quite neglected for months.

But yes, Sunset Rubdown are completely amazing; I definitely prefer them to the Handsome Furs (and Swan Lake are a little too messy for my liking -same goes for Frog Eyes). I didn't really get into Random Spirit Lover much when it came out last year (Boxer had my full attention then), but I rediscovered it now after getting a little bored of Mount Zoomer. It's mindblowing how much depth RSL has though, the songs are so intricate! Krug is a total genius.

The new Deerhunter album is pretty good too. I found it more acessible/likable than Crytograms.

That's awesome! I've been meaning to give Born Ruffians and the new Spiritualized a listen but they've been sitting on my iPod quite neglected for months.

But yes, Sunset Rubdown are completely amazing; I definitely prefer them to the Handsome Furs (and Swan Lake are a little too messy for my liking -same goes for Frog Eyes). I didn't really get into Random Spirit Lover much when it came out last year (Boxer had my full attention then), but I rediscovered it now after getting a little bored of Mount Zoomer. It's mindblowing how much depth RSL has though, the songs are so intricate! Krug is a total genius.

The new Deerhunter album is pretty good too. I found it more acessible/likable than Crytograms.

Boxer is one of the best cd's in the last 10 years...... giving it your full attention is completely reasonable lol

I trust you've heard of Blogotheque

If not, http://www.blogotheque.net/-Concerts-a-emporter-

Menomena, Arcarde Fire, Beirut, The National, Sufjan! all doing wicked little performances in city streets, elevators, basements usually just for the website.... some of these videos give me chills they'd be so cool to see.

Lol all this wolf parade talk and california dreamer was playing on the radio on the drive to campus today.... what a good song

Now for an even better band... Organic Chemistry ... I can see why I may have wanted to take this class before taking the mcat lol... From what I hear it's just the simple stuff...

Lol... and before I spark an orgo conversation in a great music thread.... The line up at Coachella in Chicago in about a month is hands down the best collection of bands at one show ever.

I enjoy Cat Power, she has a very unique voice, great for calming down and emotional stuff too.

I Found A Reason- One of my favorite's of her's, the video is with a V For Vendetta montage thing (all the better):

Maybe Not:

Where Is My Love:

i love pretty much anything but country (and trust me, i have tried to listen to it but i just cant stand it!). i mostly enjoy alternative/rock stuff, i really like small bands but i really like some mainstream stuff too... some of my favs at the moment...

Jacks Mannequin/Something Corporate

Panic at the disco

collie buddz (wicked reggae artist from Bermuda)

Foo Fighters (dave grohl is a hero)

Against Me!

Protest the Hero

Chiodos

Rise Against

Lights (check her out, amazing voice)

is anyone going to warped tour or to wakestock?

Archived