Premed 101 Forums

Co-op applicants

Is anyone else applying from a co-op program? The OMSAS doc says "Any academic year where the student has completed two work terms will not count as part of the three prerequisite years of full-time studies and, therefore, the grades obtained for the one semester of academic work completed within this year will not be used in the calculation of the WGPA". Assuming that the acedemic year is fall, winter, spring, the program at Waterloo had 2 years that does not meet this criteria (Work, 3a, work) then (3b, work, work). This is a 5 year program and was followed according to the course calendar. I would hate to not include my 3rd year marks. Is anyone else in this situation? I'm trying to figure out my WGPA and would like to include these marks. Thanks.

Hi,

I did coop at ottawa u and applied during my final year to ottawa U med. Same situation. Ottawa U didn't count my third year, which was my best year.

You can either include or exclude those marks. It wouldn't really matter in your application as each school will calculate the marks of each application themselves.

Goodluck,

Andy

Archived