Premed 101 Forums

Need advice, mistake on apps

So I submitted my UBC apps but I realize now that I entered one of my courses for the prerequisites wrong (biology, it didn't have a lab component). I meet all the prereqs otherwise if I entered the right course, should I send an email through the mailbox system to notify them?

Is this a really HUGE mistake :confused: ? I dont think I have a chance at UBC anyway.

So I submitted my UBC apps but I realize now that I entered one of my courses for the prerequisites wrong (biology, it didn't have a lab component). I meet all the prereqs otherwise if I entered the right course, should I send an email through the mailbox system to notify them?

Is this a really HUGE mistake :confused: ? I dont think I have a chance at UBC anyway.

That's hardly a huge mistake. Just send them a message using the online messaging tool.

• 1 month later...

Ok, so I just noticed a mistake on my application regarding the hours I wrote down for a certain activity (a difference between 5000 hours vs. 2000). I e-mailed admissions to see if I could do anything about this, and they said the only changes they will accept are related to verifier information. So, should I talk to my verifier of this activity and let them know this discrepancy so if they call, that person can tell them that I informed them of the hours I wrote down and that they are incorrect? But if I do that, what's the point of having a verifier right....because you can then call anyone you want and tell them what to say when/if UBC calls...

Help :(

Ok, so I just noticed a mistake on my application regarding the hours I wrote down for a certain activity (a difference between 5000 hours vs. 2000). I e-mailed admissions to see if I could do anything about this, and they said the only changes they will accept are related to verifier information. So, should I talk to my verifier of this activity and let them know this discrepancy so if they call, that person can tell them that I informed them of the hours I wrote down and that they are incorrect? But if I do that, what's the point of having a verifier right....because you can then call anyone you want and tell them what to say when/if UBC calls...

Help :(

Ya wow that's weird that they wouldn't update it. That doesn't make any sense either, I should have put a million hours down for everything and then tell my verifiers to "correct" them if they call. I would say, maybe they penalize you for that, but then that's crap because you called to tell them there was a problem so that's not far! sorry buddy.

Ok and to add to this...

today my verifier for that activity contacted me to let me know UBC contacted them about verifying the hours of the activity....so they wont let me change it, but they're going to contact my verifier to disprove what I already told them was a mistake?? :confused:

Now I need advice...should I tell my verifier that I made a mistake on the app?? Ugh, I dont know what to do!

I think you gotta tell him to tell them, otherwise he is gonna say the real number (unless you can convince him to just say 5000 and you can pay him back later?) Hopefully, at the very worst, they just start calling all your other verifiers to make sure that was the only "lie/mistake"...

No, I wouldn't tell him to say 5000 because it's a complete bull**** and I can't believe I didn't see that before I submitted.....but anyway, I told my verifier to inform them of my mistake and that they acknowledge the true value that I submitted in my correction email....

So I triple checked all other activities and they are fine....so if they want to double check anything else, they can do so with my blessing!

Thanks for all the advice!

• 8 years later...

Does anyone know if people have been rejected due to making mistakes on their application and then pointing it out? Apparently they attach the emails you send them at the back of your profile when they review the applicants..

Actually a better question might be whether anyone currently in Med or graduated got accepted despite having to email them regarding mistakes on your application? If so, what did you have to email them about and do you think this negatively affected your application? (I'm talking about actual mistakes re: hours or dates or switched up names on a poster and not just spelling and grammar)

Many thanks!

Does anyone know if people have been rejected due to making mistakes on their application and then pointing it out? Apparently they attach the emails you send them at the back of your profile when they review the applicants..

Actually a better question might be whether anyone currently in Med or graduated got accepted despite having to email them regarding mistakes on your application? If so, what did you have to email them about and do you think this negatively affected your application? (I'm talking about actual mistakes re: hours or dates or switched up names on a poster and not just spelling and grammar)

Many thanks!

Accepted last year after correcting a 500 to 50 hour typo, and other typo about dates dw about it.

Archived