Premed 101 Forums

GPA scale?

A is same as A+ at U of A = 4.0.

But what about the rest of the scale lol? Rather random moment here but this is why I love these forums. Everybody is willing to work together and help each other out. A lot of people here (not all obviously) at Dal can be reluctant to help out when you need it.

But what about the rest of the scale lol? Rather random moment here but this is why I love these forums. Everybody is willing to work together and help each other out. A lot of people here (not all obviously) at Dal can be reluctant to help out when you need it.

No prob.

A- = 3.7

B+ = 3.3

B = 3

B- = 2.7

C+ = 2.3

C = 2.0

C- = 1.7

D+ = 1.3

D = 1.0

D- = 0.7

F = PHAIL...:eek:

• 4 months later...

See the previous page for answers to your questions.

And no, they do not take the top 6 credits. They take the GPA of all the courses you will take, dropping the lowest year if you are applying in your fourth year.

The prerequisite GPA no longer exists for the applicants of the 2009-2010 cycle.

someone posted this a few year's ago

87-100: 4.0

86: 3.9

83-85: 3.8

82: 3.7

81: 3.6

80: 3.5

Hi Wut? thanks for the post.

The previous page only have the percentages up till 80. I was wondering if anyone knew what would be equivalent UofA GPA for an Ontario % mark from 70% to 78%

any ideas?

Hi Wut? thanks for the post.

The previous page only have the percentages up till 80. I was wondering if anyone knew what would be equivalent UofA GPA for an Ontario % mark from 70% to 78%

any ideas?

My apologies ;) I didn't realize the scale didn't cover the entire range.

Your best bet would be to e-mail the UGME!

• 2 months later...
someone posted this a few year's ago

87-100: 4.0

86: 3.9

83-85: 3.8

82: 3.7

81: 3.6

80: 3.5

Hey Everyone,

Does anyone know how accurate this is? I emailed them a couple years ago and was given:

87-100 = A/A+ = 4.0

82 = A- = 3.7

78 = B+ = 3.3

75 = B = 3.0

71 = B- = 2.7

68 = C+ = 2.3

65 = C = 2.0

60 = C- = 1.7

So if we combine those two, we have almost the entire conversion and the scale for marks below 80! I don't know how accurate this is though.

I've been wanting to know my Alberta GPA for ages, I wish we could get some definitive answers!

• 5 weeks later...
Do you have to have a full course load each year to have your lowest grades dropped from your cgpa, like U of T?

# For applicants who have completed 4 or more years of post-secondary transferable course work, the admissions cumulative (academic) average is calculated with the deletion of the lowest year GPA, provided it is not the most recent completed year, or the one and only year where 30 transferable units of course weight (5 full course equivalents) have been completed.

# Successful completion of all Pre-requisite courses.

http://www.med.ualberta.ca/education/ugme/admissions/dofm_require.cfm

Archived