Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Did anyone check out the Venus Transit across the Sun this evening.. It took the old telescope out to check it out' date=' it was pretty cool!.. You can still catch it on the internet, (i think NASA has a live feed). It won't happen again until 2117 (105 years).:eek:[/quote']Yep. Pretty neat.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw my surgeon today... 5 months post-op on left and almost 2 years on right.. Left shoulder is doing pretty well, not really bothering me anymore besides some clunking/tendons jumping. On the other hand, he's not very happy I've now been having issues with my right one for over a year and thinks it's very likely it didn't heal properly either (like the left) so I'm back on the waiting list for surgery #4 around September :/ That sucks... but if it is torn again then it's only going to get worse and I need my shoulders!

Well apparently no October half marathon for me!!

Best day of my life today!!!!! Got accepted to the UofA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I'm so excited I can't even sleep!!!!!! :o

Called my mom as soon as I found out and I was crying so much I was apparently incomprehensible because she said to me "I can't understand a word you're saying right now, but if you're trying to say what I think you are: OH MY GOD!!!!!!!:D" lol :o

wow....I wish I were able to utter those words ... incomprehensible words full of happiness and hope

Hot!! Wow it's so hot and humid since yesterday! Tomorrow I'm going swimming outdoors for sure.

I'm starting a very interesting research project.. almost finished with all the source documents and then I'll spend lots of quality time at the archives ;) Besides that, I'll keep working out, bike a bit more and swim outdoors while waiting for my next (and better be last) surgery.

I bought a 13" Vaio 2 weeks ago but ended up disappointed with it (many small details that just bug me to no end) so I just bought a Macbook Pro and will be trying to sell the Vaio.. Even if it's 1/2 price then it's not such a bad loss of $$.

I can't believe how quiet this thread has become... I stopped posting here since it almost felt i was talking to myself!

Hope you guys are enjoying your summers :)

Gals! Missed ya <3

Summer is going swell over here. Lots of exercise, the weather is getting brighter and warmer, and I'm working a lot! but it's all fun.

Glad to hear its warm where you are, psycho!

I'm happy we are all talking again and am somewhat on the verge of being overly sentimental... T_T

What happened to this thread?!

Summer classes :(

I'm playing on my new Mac.. I expect I won't be going to bed early tonight haha.. I ended up having to go back to the store to exchange it since they sold me one with a *yikes* French keyboard! Uh no thanks!!

EDIT: How much of a nerd am I that I'm thoroughly enjoying the fact that OS X is based on Unix so I can use the command-line to move stuff around and pretty much do everything? :D I guess my years running Linux really are coming in handy for some stuff.

FREEDOM!

Ah, finished the summer course I was taking. Oh god, I've never felt so free in my life--well since I started university. Now I have two months to just chill out and do whatever without the stress of school.

Awesome job!!

Savour the summer -- it goes by like that *snaps!*

Today was my son's last day of preschool. He goes to an Aboriginal program, and so they went to the National Aboriginal Day celebration at the waterfront. He got to be up on stage, drumming the Honour Song.

The fact that he can even do that now is a testament to how far he has come in the past two years. I am so very proud of him.

Today was my son's last day of preschool. He goes to an Aboriginal program, and so they went to the National Aboriginal Day celebration at the waterfront. He got to be up on stage, drumming the Honour Song.

The fact that he can even do that now is a testament to how far he has come in the past two years. I am so very proud of him.

Aw. Sounds like a sweet moment.

"Fractional reserve banking underpins the entire banking system, yet its effects on society are completely ignored. Our financial system consists of vast amounts of credit pyramided on top of very small amounts of real savings-- all backstopped by explicit and implicit government guarantees. This poses significant risks to the stability of the economy and monetary system, which ought to give pause to any serious observer of financial markets. Hopefully this hearing will create a greater understanding among the American people about the nature of the banking system, and begin the movement towards serious systematic reform. The American people deserve a financial system that is stable and efficient; one that operates without taxpayer subsidies and bailouts." - Congressman Dr. Ron Paul

The power brokers in US don't believe in regulation, they like free enterprise to a fault. Greed and being too shrewd has been exercised as a fine art in the US with the knowledge that the government wouldn't allow a collapse, thus, subsidies and bailout. The Bernie Madoffs in different forms are still out there, including Diamond and other bankers.

Archived