Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So apparently my (ok, my brother's currently until I move back) car got broken into today...

The only thing stolen? About $5 in "chump change" (as my brother called it- nickels, dimes, pennies).... and the little cubby-type thing (like a square cup holder almost) the money was in. WTF? I mean, I get that my bro had change visible (although we live in the 'burbs of Edmonton, so normally petty theft like that wouldn't happen...) but why take the cubby?! Just grab the change and go! Don't bother fighting with the damn car to take the little cubby too! Oy vey!

It's lucky though- it could have been a lot worse. Our garage door opener was in there and so was my bro's old phone (which surprisingly didn't get stolen despite being in plain view), tools, and various other things. The entire situation just baffles the mind.

On the bright side, only a few more days until I move! Good thing I'm mostly all packed up :)

So apparently my (ok, my brother's currently until I move back) car got broken into today...

The only thing stolen? About $5 in "chump change" (as my brother called it- nickels, dimes, pennies).... and the little cubby-type thing (like a square cup holder almost) the money was in. WTF? I mean, I get that my bro had change visible (although we live in the 'burbs of Edmonton, so normally petty theft like that wouldn't happen...) but why take the cubby?! Just grab the change and go! Don't bother fighting with the damn car to take the little cubby too! Oy vey!

It's lucky though- it could have been a lot worse. Our garage door opener was in there and so was my bro's old phone (which surprisingly didn't get stolen despite being in plain view), tools, and various other things. The entire situation just baffles the mind.

On the bright side, only a few more days until I move! Good thing I'm mostly all packed up :)

My friend on the rowing team with me had the SAME THING HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! He said he would have paid the dude $100 NOT to smash his window as it cost $300 to replace it.

I too just had my car broken into. They took my @*&&@^#ing laptop :-( and I had to pay for the window out of pocket as my deductable is $500.

I am packing begs for touring Miami next Monday. I am very excited to go there and enjoy the fun of Miami Beach. My friends are also excited to see the science museum of Miami. Any recommendations are most welcome!!

Sounds awesome!

I'm going to watch a musical theatre production this week.

This is way, wayyyyy overdue.

:D!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
Packing my bags :)

Leaving tmrw morning. Can't believe it.

Have fun C!! We had 2 days of orientationi this week, nice night out last night and the real fun starts Monday morning for us :) About 180 of us coming from last year's med-p and adding about 70 new students joining us which slightly raises the average age! hehe

Have fun C!! We had 2 days of orientationi this week, nice night out last night and the real fun starts Monday morning for us :) About 180 of us coming from last year's med-p and adding about 70 new students joining us which slightly raises the average age! hehe

Sounds like fun!

I fully intend on having an awesome weekend before school starts!

Archived