Premed 101 Forums

MCAT - Early 2010 writers unite!

The Law

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's really tough to improve. I mean, besides the last rewrite (where I luckily scored a 5 on verbal from my previous 10), I have never scored less than a 9 and always fall between 9-11 on ~90% of my tests. It seems like no matter what I do, I'm going to be in this range. I'm going to do verbal every other day from now and on and just really examine my thinking patterns and work hard to keep energy up during the full hour of the test. Hopefully this increases my chances of scoring in the upper range.

Good post. I appreciate it

Many thanks to ur post. I love it.

That's pretty good.

• 1 month later...

Just wrote my first practice physical science section (TPR Practice 4). I got a ten! Pretty good considering I have only looked at the material once and haven't done the earlier chapter of physics in more than a month! I just have to review a bit now, memorize some equations, and practice! 2.5 months to go... I'm in good shape.

Tomorrow will work on verbal. Will start reviewing and practicing biology tomorrow too!

I'll just write on a Saturday afternoon, whichever day has that I'm cool with. I'm kinda pissed though, I have to re-write with a 31R (12/9/10), I'm aiming for (10/10/11)R minimum. *Sigh* I think we a long while before the app deadline, maybe not so much for the States though apparently you don't want to write that MCAT later than May 1st for June 1 deadlines.

Thanks buddy. I certainly hope so. I gotta also figure out how to get my bio score up, I should be doing better than what I was scoring last time around! I will try doing the whole "pretend it's a verbal" thing... maybe that'll help. Now I'm catching up on my bio readings, practicing verbal + ps in the meantime. I'm still weak in waves, electricity & magnetism, and optics... so I'm working at becoming more confident with those types of problems. Hopefully by the start of next month I will start adding bio tests into the mix and things should start flowing more. It's just been really tough because my Master's is giving me little time for anything!

Blah, just did my first bio section. TPR test 4, ended up with a 10. The exact same score I got when I wrote that test 2 years ago. *sigh*

I'd say 98% of the time, I get a 10 on my bio diagnostic tests. I have no idea how to get this section fixed. Oh well, it's still very early and I suppose it's an okay start. I just don't know what to do to get better!!

Edit: OUCH! I died during the orgo questions! Otherwise the test looks okay. I need to make sure my orgo is up to par. Of the 11 questions I got wrong, 7 were orgo. :eek: I haven't done orgo in 2 months. Time to review. haha

Man. So tired. I have so much lab work to do and trying to do MCAT at the same time has been hard. I'm doing my best, but it's so frustrating. I haven't had time to do anything from PS since Nov 18. So worried that I'm neglecting it! It was my goal to spend Dec and January doing tests everyday, but I'm not doing nearly as many as I wanted and I still don't feel that strong in the PS section (or bio yet. I'm currently reviewing orgo because I forgot all the details since I did it too long ago). We'll see where I stand in a few weeks, but maybe I'll move my test to the next session.

Man. So tired. I have so much lab work to do and trying to do MCAT at the same time has been hard. I'm doing my best, but it's so frustrating. I haven't had time to do anything from PS since Nov 18. So worried that I'm neglecting it! It was my goal to spend Dec and January doing tests everyday, but I'm not doing nearly as many as I wanted and I still don't feel that strong in the PS section (or bio yet. I'm currently reviewing orgo because I forgot all the details since I did it too long ago). We'll see where I stand in a few weeks, but maybe I'll move my test to the next session.

Hang in there! Take baby steps. You'll be surprised at how much you can retain in baby steps and how much ground you can cover. Even 10 minutes of focused reading and understanding is good (for content review).

With that being said, I should start exam review!! Been putting it off for too long. Uncool.

Hey Law, just curious, when are you planning to take the MCAT? I'm planning to take the MCAT early next year too and I haven't really started so I'm sort of feeling behind here. Lol.

Haha, well I'm in grad school so I started early because I've been insanely busy. I'm planning on writing next month if I can. January 30th is my goal right now. :)

Haha, well I'm in grad school so I started early because I've been insanely busy. I'm planning on writing next month if I can. January 30th is my goal right now. :)

I see! I'm aiming for April/May. I should start studying like you sometime soon, haha. Well then good luck! :)

Thanks Anna! I've been thinking of moving my date to the March writing instead. I mean, I am getting into good form right now... but I'm so busy with grad school, I'd like to have more time to do tests then I have right now. I'll figure out by the end of the month where I stand. Thank god the MCAT is somewhat flexible now.

Archived