The Law

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here comes:

PS/VR/BS WS

10/9/13 R (32R)

I think I'm going to keep it.

Decent score, the verbal kills me though.

Solid overall score, and definitely your best-to-date! :D

I agree, that VR=9 may cause you some undue discomfort next cycle, but who knows?!

Each application cycle is fairly unique! :)

Thanks for the support guys!

do you mind commenting on the breakdown of passages for BS? ie. how much ochem was on it?

thanks! congrats again!

I had one passage of organic chemistry on my MCAT. I studied biology very intensely this time, spending equal amounts of time on biology review of concepts and organic chemistry review of concepts. My mistake in previous years was always underestimating the importance of organic chemistry, this time, I did not and when I wrote it felt so good when I got to organic chemistry and found the questions relatively straight forward. For biology, I think it's important to start reviewing concepts early and to keep reviewing and practicing with practice tests. There is a tonne of interpretation and data analysis, so you have to get used to being inundated with info and trying to process it quickly. I reviewed a lot and so when I got questions from left-field, I felt I was decently able to answer a lot of the questions because I reviewed so much.

A lot of people have been asking me about writing sample help, I will try to post my suggestions for excelling in this section when I get a bit more free time. I'm trying to submit my first paper today/tomorrow and am trying to write my essay for my US applications at the same time, so I'm going a bit crazy now, but will do it very soon!

Archived