Premed 101 Forums

The Official Who is future_doc Thread

In this thread we find out truly who...or what future_doc is.

I think she isn't really a person, but a complex supercomputer that analyzes all the information about admissions and comes up with the best and most logical advice for any situation. :eek:

Just an advanced version of cleverbot (google it) :cool:

I don’t know about future_doc though, perhaps try NewfieMike. I am referred to this forum by a friend and he recommended NewfieMike to give me advice, can I trust him? How many people have gotten help from him? Thank you all.:P

future_doc

Oct. 9, 2009

doc is being modest!

I think it's perfectly plain and simple:

future_doc is just like anyone else on this forum. She came here looking to know more about the medical school admission process, liked what she saw, and decided to contribute. And we all contribute in different ways. TheLaw offers quirky one liners, rmorelan knows the ins/outs of most med admission procedures, and sfinch likes telling it like it is. The classic response is that this site should only be used by people who want to only offer help, but the world doesn't work like that. The personalities offered on this site quite evenly match those found in the rest of society, and so it is only the law of entropy that fits us all over the curve. All of us settle into our own little niche.

This niche for future_doc is to attempt to provide inspiration/motivation for those who come to the site in desperation. And I'm certain a lot of people really appreciate the kind words she has to offer. Sure, a lot of us (myself included) have been known to call her out for a post that we don't necessarily agree with, but that is just the nature of our respective niches. Everyone has to contribute something. She will probably get into medical school in Quebec this year, which is great for her! I wish her all the best in her future endeavors.

P.S. Future_doc, I know I am on your ignore list, but you obviously still read my posts. It was really upsetting to find out that you were offended by my new signature (the one quoting you from a few months ago). I actually really liked that quote. Adamp and I frequently talk about how epic it is, and I just wanted to share such an awesome quote with the rest of the site. If it bothered you so much, why not just tell me directly rather then getting others involved? I'll gladly remove it! :)

"I think there's a problem with my verifiers, and what's up with that future_doc"

"Do you drink coffee? and does it make you more susceptible to future_doc's deception?"

"What are my chances..... of being flamboozled by future_doc"

"I think I missed the U.B.C. deadline, but more importantly I don't trust people with underscores in their username.... I'm looking in your direction future_doc."

I think these are all good candidates for the title of next week's new thread trying to take down future_doc which will inevitably be made.

"I think there's a problem with my verifiers, and what's up with that future_doc"

I will be you verifier.

"Do you drink coffee? and does it make you more susceptible to future_doc's deception?"

It might so my advice is not to drink coffee.;)

"What are my chances..... of being flamboozled by future_doc"

In your case, no chance whatsoever. Why? Well, if you don't trust supafield yet:) , I doubt that supafield will trust future_doc! :mad: [bTW, are you interested in buying a used essay?;) or a MCAT writing score? ]

"I think I missed the U.B.C. deadline, but more importantly I don't trust people with underscores in their username.... I'm looking in your direction future_doc."

hmm, for UBC, my advice is 'Go oWest young man, go West' and rmorelan our helpful roving angel and computer guru may be able to hack into their system and discover you did not miss the deadline after all.

I think these are all good candidates for the title of next week's new thread trying to take down future_doc which will inevitably be made.

I have absolutely no doubt!

future_doc is just like anyone else on this forum. She came here looking to know more about the medical school admission process, liked what she saw, and decided to contribute. And we all contribute in different ways. TheLaw offers quirky one liners, rmorelan knows the ins/outs of most med admission procedures, and sfinch likes telling it like it is. The classic response is that this site should only be used by people who want to only offer help, but the world doesn't work like that. The personalities offered on this site quite evenly match those found in the rest of society, and so it is only the law of entropy that fits us all over the curve. All of us settle into our own little niche.

This niche for future_doc is to attempt to provide inspiration/motivation for those who come to the site in desperation. And I'm certain a lot of people really appreciate the kind words she has to offer. Sure, a lot of us (myself included) have been known to call her out for a post that we don't necessarily agree with, but that is just the nature of our respective niches. Everyone has to contribute something. She will probably get into medical school in Quebec this year, which is great for her! I wish her all the best in her future endeavors.

P.S. Future_doc, I know I am on your ignore list, but you obviously still read my posts. It was really upsetting to find out that you were offended by my new signature (the one quoting you from a few months ago). I actually really liked that quote. Adamp and I frequently talk about how epic it is, and I just wanted to share such an awesome quote with the rest of the site. If it bothered you so much, why not just tell me directly rather then getting others involved? I'll gladly remove it! :)

I can feel the love all the way in Brampton! I think this calls for a group hug!

group%20hug.jpg

May we continue to reveal ourselves in this forum. And may we each earn and take responsibility for the consequences of our words and deeds now and always.

Archived