Premed 101 Forums

MMI Video

• 2 weeks later...
"the only reason why I asked is because I wanted to see what my competition would be like" haha

I showed this video to my physio prof and she just couldn't stop laughing for 10 mins after seeing that part:

"there are at least....three other jobs you can do with a science degree"

"fantastic"

Seriously the best admissions video ever.

• 2 weeks later...
That was a severe waste of 1 min of my life. I cannot beleive I actually waited a min before closing it; I was hoping it would be genuinely useful.

Not only is this video a severe waste..... just the other night I tried watching "The Weekend Update" on Saturday Night Live.... and wouldn't you know it... it was all jokes and not the real news. I was furious!

A friend told me that in the dictionary, they're calling it satire.

I looked it up and this is what I got....

satire |ˈsaˌtīr|

noun

the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues. See note at wit .

• a play, novel, film, or other work that uses satire : a stinging satire on American politics.

• a genre of literature characterized by the use of satire.

• (in Latin literature) a literary miscellany, esp. a poem ridiculing prevalent vices or follies.

DERIVATIVES

satirist |ˈsatərist| noun.

I say you and I buddy up and put an end to this whole satire business. Perhaps we then focus our efforts on irony. I've had just about enough of these bad eggs.

You start by going around to internet forums posting your distaste for satirical content, while I'll get started on TV and the Radio..... Break!

Archived