Premed 101 Forums

Women's attire

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I think that's pretty cute and would be acceptable, just watch the hemline and neckline. In the comments for the dress someone said it was too low in the front--definitely not desirable for interviews--you don't want to be paranoid about showing too much cleavage or your skirt riding too high as you sit and stand and sit and stand at every station. :)

Personally I think that's pretty cute and would be acceptable, just watch the hemline and neckline. In the comments for the dress someone said it was too low in the front--definitely not desirable for interviews--you don't want to be paranoid about showing too much cleavage or your skirt riding too high as you sit and stand and sit and stand at every station. :)

That's true - I didn't notice that the neckline was low. If I could find something dressy like that in wool, but that didn't show too much skin, I'd totally do it with some nice tights and pumps, and maybe a nice jacket.

What do you guys think of mix and matched suits? I have a matching skirt suit made of grey and black specked wool. I think the blazer looks good with a black dress pants too. Is it ok to make a pant suit from that combination? I'm considering wearing the skirt suit while it's not snowing and the "pant suit" when it starts snowing lol.

• 1 month later...

Practical question: I'm going to be interviewing in Winnipeg. I'd like to keep my legs from congealing but I only have a skirt suit. Is this going to be fine for my purposes or do I need to get a pant suit? It was so hard to find this one...but I guess wearing long johns with the skirt isn't really a viable alternative :P no matter how fancy those long johns are.

Practical question: I'm going to be interviewing in Winnipeg. I'd like to keep my legs from congealing but I only have a skirt suit. Is this going to be fine for my purposes or do I need to get a pant suit? It was so hard to find this one...but I guess wearing long johns with the skirt isn't really a viable alternative :P no matter how fancy those long johns are.

renin is going through year 3 rotations right now in manitoba... i believe she mostly wears skirts. it's doable. build up your tolerance first by exposing your bare legs to ice baths for spurts of 10 minutes repeat 4x daily...

i'm half joking.

Wear tights?

To be honest, are you really going to be outside that long that your legs will get cold? The buildings themselves will be heated.

Wear tights?

To be honest, are you really going to be outside that long that your legs will get cold? The buildings themselves will be heated.

That's true, but I was thinking more of any sort of campus tour or any activities afterward. Since I'm not from there, I don't know if they do anything like that.

Wear tights. Or opaque leggings. We are not that cold :)

Or you can find professional tall boots (NOT over-the-knee) + tights, if you're that worried about cold.

:) I hope that helped!

That's true, but I was thinking more of any sort of campus tour or any activities afterward. Since I'm not from there, I don't know if they do anything like that.

All of our activities are indoors. We are afraid of cold too. :)

Oh yeah; another thing I do is wear a long jacket.

If you have any other Q's; send me a PM :)

All of our activities are indoors. We are afraid of cold too. :)

Oh yeah; another thing I do is wear a long jacket.

If you have any other Q's; send me a PM :)

if there is one thing renin is good for- it's fashion.

nobody can take that away from her.

oh, and i suppose she's pretty good at medicine too :P

and probably other stuff...

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.lechateau.com/style//browse/shopByLooksChildCat.jsp?rcatId=cat90016&category=category%3Acat220126&categoryId=cat210280

This exact look.

Red top and opaque black tights included, however lower heels.

What do you guys think? Appropriate or not?

I'm approx 5'8 so I'd have to see the skirt length on my body first, but from looks alone, thoughts?

I was thinking about a dress as well.

I'm not much a type for the regular black suit... so just trying to get ideas.

http://www.lechateau.com/style//browse/shopByLooksChildCat.jsp?rcatId=cat90016&category=category%3Acat220126&categoryId=cat210280

This exact look.

Red top and opaque black tights included, however lower heels.

What do you guys think? Appropriate or not?

I'm approx 5'8 so I'd have to see the skirt length on my body first, but from looks alone, thoughts?

I was thinking about a dress as well.

I'm not much a type for the regular black suit... so just trying to get ideas.

I don't see anything wrong with a look like that. Black suits are boring, imo. But maybe I'm saying that because I'm not wearing balck.

Archived