Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
coreascott

If you do not complete BSc before entrance to dentistry...

Hey. If you are a 3rd year and got accepted into dentistry, what happens to your BSc?

Do you recieve it automatically when you get into dentistry program? or you just never get it?

I got into dentistry this year and will not be able to complete my BSc before the enterance. Although I'm technically 4th year, I was doing my coop this year, so I was year behind. I was hoping they will give me BSc automatically :P

Nope, sorry dude!

But in all honesty, think of it this way: hoping to get ur BSc when you are on your way to a DDS is like hoping to get a typewriter after you've just been offered a laptop. Once you get the laptop, the typewriter is more or less useless! Just there for show :)

Sorry, really weak analogy but I'm super exhausted hahaha.

I have a few friends who applied for their major degree when they got accepted in third year. You just need to find out what courses you have left (usually none) and do them in the summer if you can stomach it.

are you guys sure? my brother got an "honorary Bachelor of science degree". He got into med after 2 at uofa. Im assuming med and dents policies on this would be the same

I have never heard of that. That doesn't work at U of T anyways.

thats because things work differently at west coast...

guess so, question was general and you guys were answering general though (not specific uni's) seems like uofa is one of the only uni's that does this though?

lol why do you even want a bachelor's degree? Theyre pretty useless no?

Yeah I agree it's useless.. but Why wouldn't you if it's as simple as just sending a form in.. to get an extra degree on your resume

Never know what's gonna happen in your life... ehh ?

Yeah I agree it's useless.. but Why wouldn't you if it's as simple as just sending a form in.. to get an extra degree on your resume

Never know what's gonna happen in your life... ehh ?

You worked hard for 3 years - nice to have something to show.

I had a friend at uwo who did the same thing after he went to meds.

true that. dont forget the 15K+ you wouldve spent on those 3 years lol. all for a little piece of paper