Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was released from the waitlist today! Good luck to all of you still on it, it's a relief to have my evaluation with some time to do something about it!

hi aquadon. do you mind sharing your interview score? thanks! I'm sure it'd help many out. I don't know what kind of score I'd need to even be on the waiting list, since the rest of my application was good.

thanks guys! i can officially conclude it was my mcat that kept me out........to the point I wasn't even placed on the waiting list. time to rewrite....:D

why rice, whats your mcat? I'm sure it is ok.....not sure that matters a whole lot.

• 1 month later...

Anyone else still waiting? Does anyone know how this work? Being waitlisted until now sucks, no info, no scores etc..... has there ever been movement late August?

Having a tough time putting my next application together without getting any closure on the last cycle....

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the exact same boat as you Finks, still no feedback and yet basically no hope of getting in at this point....all I have to say is we better kill it this round!

Try to get stoked about this next application and keep in mind that we were pretty much as close as we could get this year without getting in - I know they released most of the rest of the people from the waitlist already. They're adding 32 spaces for the Southern program this round so if you basically take your application from last time, tweak it a little, add whatever you've done this past year and stay positive through the interviews I think you will be smiling at this point in 2011.

That's my motivational speech ;-)

Yeah I felt the same way until I went to an info session where the girl basically told me the AQ was changing dramatically (her exact words) and the NAQ was changing too. Given this and the exclusion of the essay I would say our "close but not quite good enough applications" from the last cycle don't really help me feel like I have a good shot this year. When I asked about planning a new application without a score from last cycle she said the scores are all generic and they will all change given the changes for the next cycle. Basically a good score from last year may mean nothing this time around.

I'm guessing she didn't specify how they were changing (e.g. different weightings for overall/last 60 etc...)?

No she wouldn't say. I asked more questions and from what she did say, my guess is the weighting of last 60 to overall GPA. Overall GPA will be worth more than last cycle.

Hello all, Maybe they'll send out one more batch of offers for people who rejected them today .

SPAM???

HEY sfu.project congrats on making the first waitlist cut!

You and Finks are so close (as are all the waitlisters (I was also waitlisted, but let go early on!)), and I agree, we have to kill this application!!!

I think we all have strong applications and will likely get an interview (despite any changes to aq/naq scoring as these will affect all applicants!) and then....we really need to ace that interview!!!

I propose that we all (waitlisters and anyone interested) meet up after interview invites for practice sessions. What do you think?

With the experience, practice, extra seats i think we all stand a really great chance this cycle!

Is it just speculation that the NAQ and AQ weighting will change this year? Or is this in writing somewhere?

SPAM???

HEY sfu.project congrats on making the first waitlist cut!

You and Finks are so close (as are all the waitlisters (I was also waitlisted, but let go early on!)), and I agree, we have to kill this application!!!

I think we all have strong applications and will likely get an interview (despite any changes to aq/naq scoring as these will affect all applicants!) and then....we really need to ace that interview!!!

I propose that we all (waitlisters and anyone interested) meet up after interview invites for practice sessions. What do you think?

With the experience, practice, extra seats i think we all stand a really great chance this cycle!

Archived