Premed 101 Forums

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not loving the interview feedback....I got average last year and then again this year (got officially rejected from WL today, finally)

hmmm....so I am "average" in interviews. great. I wasn't nervous and I thought I did better this year than last, which I probably did - I agree with Finks that there is a more precise score they are looking at than below av, av and above av.

not loving the interview feedback....I got average last year and then again this year (got officially rejected from WL today, finally)

hmmm....so I am "average" in interviews. great. I wasn't nervous and I thought I did better this year than last, which I probably did - I agree with Finks that there is a more precise score they are looking at than below av, av and above av.

I thought I did better this year than last as well but my score was the same. I practiced a tone and was much more prepared. Oh well, who knows what they want......the truth is no one does and it is becoming more confusing each year!

You guys fought the good fight! Somehow getting the rejection letter isn't as much of a relief as you think it's going to be!

You're right it isn't. I thought I was ready for it but it turns out I wasn't. Not sure if I can wait around another year to get another rejection.

Average interview here as well. Got let go from wl back in june.

I also thought I did better this year, but I did feel that I did poorly in 2 stations and the others I felt that I provided strong answers.

I wrote down all the questions and my responses right after the interview and then tried to analyze them later. Although you can say that you never know what ubc is looking for, I would say you can if you think carefully about what the question is asking.

One common thing about the questions that I felt good about was that the responses were open minded i.e. they analyzed multiple aspects of a situation and their effects on people, then, when I made a stance, it was well founded/thought out with strong + caring reasoning

Bad station = one sided, little critical analysis!!

How did you guys feel about strong stations vs weak???

are you guys all in Vancouver? We should meet up close to the interviews and compare! I'm not sure what good it will do us right now, but I have a copy of my stations too. Without sharing the questions, because that would be unethical;) , we should sit down and chat.

I also got an average interview.

Though I didn't write down the questions after my interview, I sure did replay the stations and my responses in my head several times. This really didn't help me leading up to may 14th and while I was toiling on the WL.lol

I agree that, to some degree, you can get an idea of what each station is trying to get at....and then the "geez, why didn't articulate my response better?" sets in.

The stations where I felt i did well were the ones where I first stated what the overarching issue(s) was/were and then clearly laid out the reasoning to my response. That way, when I was asked follow-up questions that thickened the plot, I could always go back to the clear line of reasoning I had already established and be firm. (Similar to sfuguy)

My first station started out a little shaky (nerves, perhaps), but i recovered well. My weaker 2 stations were the ones where I wasn't firm in my response, probably owing to me not fully knowing what the station was getting at.

Anyway, I hope I get the chance to redeem myself this year.

I'm not from Vancouver (Toronto), but would still be up for chatting with you guys somehow.... Skype session perhaps ?

Archived