Premed 101 Forums

trouble logging into UofW student centre...

Hi,

I recieved the email with the access code and all was well with that and I am able to log into student services (which doesn't show much other than address), but I am unable to log into the student centre. And I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem. I'm entering the same user ID and password that the student services site requires, however when i do so it changes the user ID to caps everytime.

Thanks.

Guest p0stman

I got my email a few weeks ago and I've successfully logged in to Student Center. Here is what the email read:

"Dear xxxxxx,

You are now a current student at the University of Western Ontario. Your UWO student number is

xxxxxx

With your student number, OMSAS number, and your date of birth, you will be able to get your Access Code. Start at the Student Services website: https://studentservices.uwo.ca . Then choose: Click here for Access Code Retrieval. From there, choose: Medicine Students using OMSAS# . When entering your OMSAS number, use only the six digits which follow the number 2010 (e.g. 8xxxxx). With this information you will be able to access the Student Center to see your tuition information once the Registrar’s office makes this available in mid-July.

If you are already a Western student, you do not need to do anything as your account is still active."

Hope that helps.

I heard about ppl getting the email from western about their access codes a few weeks ago and assumed mine would come eventually. Last week I called up the admissions office and they told me that the I should have got the email a few weeks ago, and then they said they would send another email that day, and I received the email posted above. I would recommend calling or emailing the admissions office if anyone who should have gotten the email but didnt. They have been helpful everytime Ive talked to them.

yikes...

I haven't received anything except the original email with white coat/police check forums...

so, let me get this right: we are to get at least 2 more emails? (one to confirm the deposit and the other about student center?)

could it be that the people who got the email submitted all their documents? I have yet to submit them all....

No, because I got the confirmation before I submitted the documentation. It took them a good couple of weeks, though, to send me an email to confirm the deposit's receipt.

I remember there was this convoluted thing we had to do for the Student Centre, and I had to make up a different password than the one I got for Student Services. Someone who's already at UWO can probably explain it better.

Hmmm... I had to use my access code to make up a password and I did that. Have no problem getting into student services login, but the student centre is a different story. Is it the same user id for the student centre? I'll try choosing another password for the student centre login...

Hmmm... I had to use my access code to make up a password and I did that. Have no problem getting into student services login, but the student centre is a different story. Is it the same user id for the student centre? I'll try choosing another password for the student centre login...

Don't use your student number to log in to Student Centre, use the first part of the email address that they sent you, i.e. [first initial][last name][some positive integer]@uwo.ca.

Don't use your student number to log in to Student Centre, use the first part of the email address that they sent you, i.e. [first initial][last name][some positive integer]@uwo.ca.

Ya, that's what I'm doing. And, I can log into student services and see my info (name, address, program), but when I click student centre and enter the same infor (that I used to get into student services) it says invalid. I'm wondering if its because its too early to see tuition and registration items that would be in the student centre pages?

No, because I got the confirmation before I submitted the documentation. It took them a good couple of weeks, though, to send me an email to confirm the deposit's receipt.

hey rollester,

I just phoned them today. They are sending access to student services etc. as they receive them from the main UWO registrar's office. Once they get the info, they will then email them to the students.

Hope that helps.

hey rollester,

I just phoned them today. They are sending access to student services etc. as they receive them from the main UWO registrar's office. Once they get the info, they will then email them to the students.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! :)

Ya, that's what I'm doing. And, I can log into student services and see my info (name, address, program), but when I click student centre and enter the same infor (that I used to get into student services) it says invalid. I'm wondering if its because its too early to see tuition and registration items that would be in the student centre pages?

That's weird, I can log in fine, and it shows my address and contact information. Although the tuition account still says $0.00 (this will get updated eventually), and some of the personal information is wrong :confused:. Time to call the office!

Archived