Premed 101 Forums

Special year

I have a friend who is interested in doing the "special year" to boost her GPA. Does anyone know if it is acceptable to do it this year using courses from two different universities (i.e. half at one school, half at the other)? Can anybody with personal experience offer some advice? Thanks!

I have a friend who is interested in doing the "special year" to boost her GPA. Does anyone know if it is acceptable to do it this year using courses from two different universities (i.e. half at one school, half at the other)? Can anybody with personal experience offer some advice? Thanks!

My understanding is that it is BUT(!) she must not actually start another degree program because then she must actually finish it. So she would have to enroll as a non-degree student at the second school, obey the special year rules etc.

Since special years are just special it is great idea to email the office with exactly your plans, courses etc. That way the office can and will vet the course of action prior to you starting it :)

I am in a meeting with admins on Tuesday - I can confirm this then as well if you like.

:D rmorelan - the number of times I have seen you say you are going to ask the admins something during your Tuesday meeting .. Maybe you should call and schedule a 30 minute slot instead :P

:) Well I often meeting with them on Tuesday. Monday is a pretty busy day for people as they are often back from a trip or holiday in the summer, so Tuesday seems to be a logical time to schedule things. I guess I am involved is enought projects this summer that I am dropping by quite a bit

Archived