Premed 101 Forums

Thoughts on the DAT in Toronto Today?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah so all was going fair and well until the RC which i messed up big time i think...

overall here're my thoughts:

carving: a few more notches would have made it symmetric

bio: i think it went well, except for about 3 which i was unsure about

chem: i hurried up here, so i made some mistakes i think..otherwise it wasnt difficult i think

PAT: it went well, i was able to finish in time...i found angles and pattern folding a bit challenging but crackdatpat really prepared me for that...TFE and aperture passing were easy imo

Reading: the first and second psgs were OK...third was really difficult and i didnt keep enough time..ended up guessing the last 8!! and to top that our invigilator made us stop 5 minutes before it ended by mistake, then gave us a minute extra for the interruption he/she caused

yeah so all was going fair and well until the RC which i messed up big time i think...

overall here're my thoughts:

carving: a few more notches would have made it symmetric

bio: i think it went well, except for about 3 which i was unsure about

chem: i hurried up here, so i made some mistakes i think..otherwise it wasnt difficult i think

PAT: it went well, i was able to finish in time...i found angles and pattern folding a bit challenging but crackdatpat really prepared me for that...TFE and aperture passing were easy imo

Reading: the first and second psgs were OK...third was really difficult and i didnt keep enough time..ended up guessing the last 8!! and to top that our invigilator made us stop 5 minutes before it ended by mistake, then gave us a minute extra for the interruption he/she caused

yeah I felt the same way... I cant belive she siad times up 5 mins early.. There was one chem q that I did not know the asnwer to.. I have no idea what Op is... Other than that I felt good.

Just wrote in Vancouver. For the Op question, this is my understanding.

3a + 1b -> 2c

Dalton's law says the partial pressure of a gas in mixture is equal to the product of the mole fraction of the particular gas and the total pressure

Let X equal mole fraction of compound (Xa, Xb, Xc)

Kp = (Xc x P)^2 / ((Xa x P)^3 x (Xb x P))

2 Ps in the nominator are canceled leaving P^2 in the denominator

Kp = Xc^2 / (Xa^3 x Xb x P^2)

If you half the volume, you double the pressure.

Op = Xc^2 / (Xa^3 x Xb x (2P)^2)

So, Op = 1/4 Kp

I chose 1/2 Kp cause I didn't know what Op was. I also had a terrible time with RC.

Carving: most difficult pattern I've carved. The flute was really short and i could've done better. Was the soap and blade really crappy for everyone else? Everyone at UBC was complaining how the soap color made it really hard to see the marks with pencil. Also, my blade was so dull, wtf how can it be less sharp than my own blade that i carved 15 soaps with :mad:

Bio+Chem: I thought it was surprisingly easy and not many random questions in the bio section. I think I got maybe 5 wrong in this section.

PAT: Pretty easy for me, the angles seemed a lot easier than the last time I wrote it. Not that many obtuse angles. There were some weird shapes in apertures though, took me like 5 minutes to answer one of the questions.

RC: Agree with everyone, finished 1st passage in around 16 mins, the subject in second passage was really easy (could answer some questions without looking at the passage) and I had like 22 minutes for the 3rd passage and I thought it was clear sailing from that point on but nooooo. Questions were really really tricky :(

Carving: most difficult pattern I've carved. The flute was really short and i could've done better. Was the soap and blade really crappy for everyone else? Everyone at UBC was complaining how the soap color made it really hard to see the marks with pencil. Also, my blade was so dull, wtf how can it be less sharp than my own blade that i carved 15 soaps with :mad:

I also wrote at UBC. My blade was fine but the combination of soap colour and the terrible lighting at Hebb made it challenging to mark and to carve to the marked lines. I am going to file a complaint about the test centre.

I also wrote at UBC. My blade was fine but the combination of soap colour and the terrible lighting at Hebb made it challenging to mark and to carve to the marked lines. I am going to file a complaint about the test centre.

I think in Hebb theatre, it's all about the position. Some desks have lights right up close while some have lights really really far above. (But the proctor chose my seat for me so it's not like I could do anything about it anyway.)

Btw sorry but this was really bugging me... does anyone know the answer to the question about the hormone that causes secondary female characteristics + something to do with the endo uterine wall?

I wanted to choose progesterone because I know it prepares the wall but i couldn't for the life of me remember reading anywhere about the secondary female sex characteristics... so i went with FSH only because technically it does cause estrogen to be released by the follicle when it matures. I don't know if that counts... sigh lol

I thought the soaps we had today were sooooo nice in comparison to the soaps from the Feb exam. I think that was my best carving ever. I am very happy with it.

Chem was a joke, I think I may have 1 question Wrong.

Bio was alright as well, maybee 2 question wrong.

It seems like everyone had a problem with RC.

My DAT mark get curve ?? That passage was so difficult and I am thinking that most people did not do so hot in it.

How does it work? Anyone knows?

Archived