Premed 101 Forums

Nov DAT Results are in!!!

wow congrats guys...the scores are good! im curious, did any of you who have scored high on RC had trouble finishing the last passage on bridges or felt they did not do well on it? I did so just wanted to gauge how lenient they were with scoring RC.

Hey dentss. I really struggled with the reading and ended up getting an 18, which is considerbly lower than my old score of 24. I'm pleased with the rest of my scores though:

Bio-30

Chem-25

Science total-28

Academic average-24

PAT-23

Carving-26

I'm in the Vancouver area btw.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

did anyone get a low mark on carving that they really werent really expecting.

I swear i did it right (not perfect), but i didnt reverse any of the numbers, but i got a 14.

Has anyone ever appealed? what is the "written verification of the carving" section that you pay for? Do they remark the whole soap or just check to mark sure they recorded the number right?

did anyone get a low mark on carving that they really werent really expecting.

I swear i did it right (not perfect), but i didnt reverse any of the numbers, but i got a 14.

Has anyone ever appealed? what is the "written verification of the carving" section that you pay for? Do they remark the whole soap or just check to mark sure they recorded the number right?

same thing here bro. 23 AA but 14 for carving, and that's after over 60 soaps :confused:

got my marks few hours ago. did so bad on carving. Pretty happy with all my other marks since it was first time writing, but never expected that i would get that bad on carving. I had definitely flat and good angles :( yellow waxy soap screwed me over. guess had to work really hard for feburary one.

Congratulations to all of you! I'm impressed at the score distribution; it seems to get higher every year as more people recognize how great a profession Dentistry is. I'd encourage those of you who are writing/rewriting in February to consider taking Rock the DAT to prepare. If you're taking the Vancouver session, feel free to come have a chat about the application process. I'll always welcome discussion in pre-Dent admissions.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Anyone here NOT score 97th+ percentile AA? lmao

I'm a bit skeptical if I do say so myself, but whatever, nobody can lie to the adcoms ;) 35 people in the country scored 24 or higher, but half of the people here did. I'm hoping we have some very impressive students among us and not very sneaky liars.

Anyway, none of my scores are notable except PAT and Carving: 26.

Apparently I'm good with shapes and not words.

Hey!!

Im from Mississauga and have been checking my mailbox daily since the first person posted they got there and just got mine today (BUT my mailbox was frozen shut for 2 day due to the freezing rain! haha)

Im overall pretty happy with mine... nowhere near some of the scores that have been posted here tho (wow to those 24s)...chem kinda screwed up my AA but i dont think ill be re-writing. What do you guys think:

Biol: 22

Chem: 17 :mad:

RC: 20

AA: 20

PAT: 19

And a gross carving score but i only applyed to UWO so that doesnt bother me.

Anyone here NOT score 97th+ percentile AA? lmao

I'm a bit skeptical if I do say so myself, but whatever, nobody can lie to the adcoms ;) 35 people in the country scored 24 or higher, but half of the people here did. I'm hoping we have some very impressive students among us and not very sneaky liars.

Anyway, none of my scores are notable except PAT and Carving: 26.

Apparently I'm good with shapes and not words.

I don't think anybody would lie here.

The forum isn't exactly a place where people get any reward for boasting their anonymous identities. lol.

Anyway I still didn't get mine. I'm in Vancouverrrrrrrrrrr. All your scores making me impatient! lol.

WTf this is just stupid..

AA 25

PAT 26

Carving 11

**** I'm so mad at my carving score, I'd trade my scores for almost anyone else's scores posted in this thread because UBC only looks at your DAT if carving score is at least 12. **** I carved 12 soaps last time and got 16, this time carved 36 and got 11, FML god damn yellow soap at ubc....can't believe i won't even get to use these scores

i wrote in edmonton. how about u?

Im pretty sure I checked all my numbers before I carved it too, and its not like my surfaces werent flat. I couldve dont a little better on a few corners, but i definitely did a lot worse last year and got an 18. So im not sure what exactly happened

I wrote in Van, lighting was crappy and with yellow soap I could barely see chit. My soap looked pretty good I thought, although my hand was shaking light a crack addict the entire time lul :o

I wrote in Van, lighting was crappy and with yellow soap I could barely see chit. My soap looked pretty good I thought, although my hand was shaking light a crack addict the entire time lul :o

That yellow soap was nowhere near the consistency of the practice soaps from the CDA. Why would they not use the same green soaps for the real test makes no sense. My blade was dull too, so the harder consistency of yellow soap + dull blade = completely different carving technique required. :mad:

Sucks... Last nov I got really well in chem... this time its dropping my AA. Mostly practiced reading comp because I wasn't satisfied with only getting 19 last year. Much better this year :)

All in all... I guess I pulled through with 3 days of studying with burnout from all my midterms.

AA/PAT: 21/23.

hey powerpenguin, how did you practice for RC? i had difficulty finding enough practice materials

Archived