Premed 101 Forums

Nov DAT Results are in!!!

I bought the one kit that came with the CDA package. I practiced only 6soaps and didn't think the the one I did on the DAT was very good. I still wound up getting a 23. I think the whole marking of the soap is messed up because I know that my soap was not good. I had chips everywhere. It doesn't even matter for me since i'm only applying in Ontario but I feel bad for the people whose carving score matters. They should just remove it from the test.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got mine...

RC: 19

Bio: 22

Chem: 23

TS: 22

AA: 21

PAT: 25

Carving: 23

I am happy with these scores, including RC. I thought the bridge passage killed me. Obviously did. But I met my expectations and told myself I wouldn't re-write if everything was good and RC was 19. Just hoping Western doesn't have RC cutoffs increase to a 20.

WTf this is just stupid..

AA 25

PAT 26

Carving 11

**** I'm so mad at my carving score, I'd trade my scores for almost anyone else's scores posted in this thread because UBC only looks at your DAT if carving score is at least 12. **** I carved 12 soaps last time and got 16, this time carved 36 and got 11, FML god damn yellow soap at ubc....can't believe i won't even get to use these scores

Really? Damn. I got the same carving score. Admittedly I didn't practice much and I had Parkinson's disease for the half hour they gave us, but it's sort of disheartening to know that I'm already rejected from one school. :(

Not that I care much about carving. I think it's a pointless section.

did anyone get a email from U of T a couple weeks ago saying that they hadn't yet received DAT scores? the deadline was the 17th but its not really in our hands if we wrote in November 2010 right?

I believe the schools have received our Nov scores earlier this week from CDA. I called the UWO office earlier today and the lady said they've received electronic results of the test.

anyone from Mississauga who still doesnt have theirs??? I got mail today but still no scores...now im getting worried lol.

Maybe you should call the DAT office if you dont get it by monday... or you could call one of your schools perhaps and find out if they recieved your score electronically? and maybe they could tell you what it was(not sure if thats frowned upon by the school though)

I got my results in the mail on weds and I live in mississauga

Hi UWOgrad_10, congratulations on your score!! I needed some advice on preparing for the DAT, if you don't mind me asking. I did DAT for the first time and I only relied on Kaplan for all sections, but did not do that well. I got 20 on bio and 19 on chem. My main concern is Bio because I thought I was well prepared for it. Could you please offer any suggestions regarding preparation for Bio section. Thank you!

Got mine too.

RC 20

Bio 25

Chem 21

Perc 25

Carving 11 (actually thought i did worse lol)

GPA 3.94

What are my chances for U of T and UWO?

Hi UWOgrad_10, congratulations on your score!! I needed some advice on preparing for the DAT, if you don't mind me asking. I did DAT for the first time and I only relied on Kaplan for all sections, but did not do that well. I got 20 on bio and 19 on chem. My main concern is Bio because I thought I was well prepared for it. Could you please offer any suggestions regarding preparation for Bio section. Thank you!

So basically I used the Kaplan book for 80% of my studying. The rest was a combination of the Princeton Review MCAT book and just random online material.

At the end of the day, the kaplan book prepares you fairly well for both bio and chem (reading comp was a bit harder). There are, however, some definite gaps in the Kaplan bio material. For example, they don't talk about the lac operon, protein signal sequences, etc.

My recommendation, go through the kaplan book once, do all the online quizzes/tests (when you come across a question online that wasn't in the book, make a note and study that material), then get a secondary material source (TPR, Barron's, etc) and browse that for missing content.

Best of luck!

Thank you very much for your help/suggestions, I'll keep that in mind if I need to do it again. Good luck to you as well!

So basically I used the Kaplan book for 80% of my studying. The rest was a combination of the Princeton Review MCAT book and just random online material.

At the end of the day, the kaplan book prepares you fairly well for both bio and chem (reading comp was a bit harder). There are, however, some definite gaps in the Kaplan bio material. For example, they don't talk about the lac operon, protein signal sequences, etc.

My recommendation, go through the kaplan book once, do all the online quizzes/tests (when you come across a question online that wasn't in the book, make a note and study that material), then get a secondary material source (TPR, Barron's, etc) and browse that for missing content.

Best of luck!

AA 18 PAT 22 Carving 29

AA is a little low but based on the other two should I retake? This was my first time writing so I'm not sure if this is a good score or not.

Depends on a number of factors. If you are applying out west then you probably don't have to. If your applying in ontario then you probably need a higher AA. Mcgill doesn't require the DAT and I'm not sure about the east coast schools.

Hey guys,

Do you know if U of T has DAT cutoffs (in each section)? I didn't do so hot in PAT (I last-minute decided to write this test and studied < 2 weeks, so didn't really get much practice) and ended up with 19 PAT/ 25 Chem/ 23 Bio/ 20 RC/ 22AA / Carving: lets just not say. Haha.

THX in advance :)

Hey guys,

Do you know if U of T has DAT cutoffs (in each section)? I didn't do so hot in PAT (I last-minute decided to write this test and studied < 2 weeks, so didn't really get much practice) and ended up with 19 PAT/ 25 Chem/ 23 Bio/ 20 RC/ 22AA / Carving: lets just not say. Haha.

THX in advance :)

i dont think they have cutoffs...regardless, I think your scores are good and you wont have problem getting an interview based on these scores, provided u meet the gpa cutoff...

on another note, im still waiting for scores in Mississauga...the waiting sucks and the DAT coordinator is on vacation so dont know where theyre...

Thanks for the reply dentss.

Do you know if UofT does cumulative GPA or best 2 years? I think my best 2 are around a 3.92 or something. Cumulative is a little bit lower (good ol first year :( )

That really sucks about the waiting. How frustrating. Hope it comes soon so you can relax over X-mas holidays

So, just got my marks in and I'm wondering how competitive I'll be at UofT and the UofM (more so worried about the UofT).

RC: 24

Bio: 20 Chem: 21

AA: 22

PA: 22

Carving: 20

Definitely pleasantly surprised with carving (thought I did horrible) and PA but kind of disappointed with the Science marks.

Should I bother applying and/or retake it in February?

Archived