Premed 101 Forums

How well did your DAT expectations match your results?

How well did your results for the Nov 2010 DAT match your expectations?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How well did your results for the Nov 2010 DAT match your expectations?

• Felt like I did average to very well, results were as expected
    • Felt like I did poorly, results were as expected
    • Felt like I did average to very well, results were worse than expected
    • Felt like I did poorly, results were better than expected

I thought I'd ask out of curiosity, since a lot of people seemed to have a lot of angst about the Toronto test-writing this November. For those of you who wrote the November 2010 DAT, how well did your expectations (right after coming out of the exam) match your results? Null hypothesis is that most people's results will match their post-exam expectations, but the difficulties that everybody described in this thread might make it a little skewed towards "I did better than I thought I did".

P.S. The poll is anonymous.

Last time: 16 carving, 12 practice soaps

Nov 10: 11 carving, 36 practice soaps

I swear i didn't make any major mistakes, flute end and the square end were very good, notches okay, could've been a bit more smoother on one of them but 11??

I can understand your frustration here and your situation intrigues me. I was always puzzled about these stories of people reporting they carved very well, only to find their score very very low. I was very stressed before I took DAT for the first time back in Nov 2009 because of these stories. Just wondering if you could describe your soap a little more. What did you mark the lines with? What technique did you use to flatten it? I can sympathize with how irksome it is to not know what our expensive soap investment really amounts to. Sorry to hear about your situation you posted in the other thread.

(i got 21 in carving in Nov09 i have no flippin clue what it is in Nov10 because my scores didn't arrive here yet. i really want to find out.)

I can understand your frustration here and your situation intrigues me. I was always puzzled about these stories of people reporting they carved very well, only to find their score very very low. I was very stressed before I took DAT for the first time back in Nov 2009 because of these stories. Just wondering if you could describe your soap a little more. What did you mark the lines with? What technique did you use to flatten it? I can sympathize with how irksome it is to not know what our expensive soap investment really amounts to. Sorry to hear about your situation you posted in the other thread.

(i got 21 in carving in Nov09 i have no flippin clue what it is in Nov10 because my scores didn't arrive here yet. i really want to find out.)

I just marked with pencil, flattened with knife by angling it along the surface to get it smooth. I don't know, maybe I had a major brain fart and mixed up the dimensions of the two ends or something. I've also heard of people who thought they did bad but got 20+ so I don't think you should be too worried about my one experience.

Archived