Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/rejected/waitlisted/deferred (Current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

OOP Waitlisted (Not sure how chances for this are so if anyone knows, please share)

GPA: 3.98

MCAT: 39

ECs: Nothing too impressive but lots of unique and long term experiences

Interview: Felt panel went great. Not too sure about the MMI

Edit: after searching around it seems the OOP waitlist holds 5-15 people and on average about 20 people decline offers each year. Not sure if that last number applies to the entire applicant pool or just OOP.

• 1 month later...

I'm an OOP resident in undergraduate studies. My GPA was 3.95-4.0/4.0 (not sure exactly) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 11

Verbal: 10

Biological Sciences: 12

Written Sample: Q

(if I remember correctly)

I was waitlisted by Memorial but was accepted on the 21st. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend UofT as my first choice, which I am waitlisted on also.

***I actually had a question. I still have to complete one more credit of English (I already did one in undergrad) and I'm looking into taking one through Athabasca online. I need it complete before orientation, which I'm assuming would be around August. Does anyone know if Athabasca is good to use, and also, what kind of English courses meet MUN's prerequisites? They don't make it clear, or at least from what I could see, and there are many English courses being offered so I want to make sure I take the right one.***

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

OOP (Ontario)

I was accepted off the wait-list June 13. This was my first time applying to MUN and my third application cycle.

My stats:

GPA: 4.1/4.3 (3.92 OMSAS)

MCAT: 10/11/12 S (V/P/B/W)

EC's: Pretty traditional. 2 years hospital volunteer, executive on student clubs, research (with publication), worked as paid TA for second year psychology course, private tutor for high school students.

Also waitlisted at Dal, however I will be attending MUN and am super excited to do so!! For everyone who has had to apply more than once, all I can say is don't ever give up! You'll get there eventually and you don't want to miss out on this feeling!

• 3 months later...

Reposting for myself, because now I finally have an account! Originally posted on June 27th.

OOP (Ontario)
I was accepted off the wait-list June 13. This was my first time applying to MUN and my third application cycle. 
My stats:
GPA: 4.1/4.3 (3.92 OMSAS)
MCAT: 10/11/12 S (V/P/B/W)
EC's: Pretty traditional. 2 years hospital volunteer, executive on student clubs, research (with publication), worked as paid TA for second year psychology course, private tutor for high school students.
Also waitlisted at Dal, however I will be attending MUN and am super excited to do so!! For everyone who has had to apply more than once, all I can say is don't ever give up! You'll get there eventually and you don't want to miss out on this feeling!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

PEI Applicant

GPA: 3.7 (MHSc in progress)

MCAT: 31

EC's: varsity athlete and captain, conferences/pubs (1 first author, four on the way), HELP program, cancer clinic, lots of research etc.

As of this morning I was put on the waitlist. I will be most likely declining my waitlist position as I have been accepted by Dal and they are my first choice!

Good luck to all :)

Accepted (NB applicant)

GPA: 3.9ish (of 4.0)

Currently wrapping up my MSc

MCAT: 29 (8/10/11)

ECs: volunteering a lot with kids with special needs... lifeguard/instructor for years and Waterfront Director at a summer camp... worked at a long-term care facility for a few months... volunteering trip with Global Brigades (highly recommend)... a couple tiny student government-type positions over the years... I made an effort to include some personal hobbies in my application... photography, weightlifting, running, swimming... hard to verify but they help give the picture of who I am and how I spend my time, so I figured why not.

Did a lot of MMI prep this round - workshops at Dal, read a book about it, had an interview coach... whole thing. 

Also accepted to Dal (NB remember) and plan to make my final commitment to MUN tomorrow.

Pretty excited! Don't think I know anybody in the class, so guess it'll be a fresh start!

• 1 month later...

Time stamp: 8:29 AM

OOP (Other Competitions)

Result: Waitlist
cGPA: 3.9
MCAT: 30+
ECs: Varied
Interview: I really liked the experience overall! 
Year: 4th year

Will be taking up an offer from an Ontario school, congrats to all those accepted and all the best to other WLers!