Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/rejected/waitlisted/deferred (Current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Just got my letter by regular mail today.

I'm a NB resident in graduate studies. My undergraduate GPA was 3.73 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 9

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 11

Written Sample: Q

I was rejected by Memorial. This is my third time applying to this school. I was waitlisted in 2005 and 2006.

Variety of Hospital volunteer activities, sports coaching, etc.

I'm a New Brunswick resident in Bio. undergrad studies. My GPA was 3.9 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 8

Verbal: 8

Biological Sciences: 9

Written Sample: R

I was accepted by Memorial and Dalhousie. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend MEMORIAL as my first choice.

I received my letter about three weeks ago.

Look forward to meeting you in the fall!

Hello anxious (aren't we all!!! lol)

I've been accepted to MUN, took the seat while waiting to hear back from other schools and have since been accepted to Dal which was my first choice. I faxed in my withdrawal today so someone should be getting a call!!! Good luck!

I'm also a NBer!

Just got my letter in the mail yesterday:

I'm a Nova Scotia resident finishing a BSc in Nursing. My GPA was about 3.88 (4.1 on a 4.3 scale) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (12)

Verbal: (10)

Biological Sciences: (10)

Written Sample: (M)

I was waitlisted by Memorial. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Memorial as my first choice.

--So! That being said, does anyone know anything about the waitlist for MUN, how fast it moves, etc? Thanks! :)

Thanks! Its a shame they don't let you know where on the waitlist you're placed...

I also realized that I forgot to post about EC's: Varsity Athlete for 3 years and volunteer work at the Veteran's Memorial Building is the majority of the EC's, but there are also a number of smaller activities such as a leader for a month long childrens outdoor program (MEE for anyone who is familiar with it). There is also the yearly clinical work in hospitals with the nursing degree. Oh, and as a side note in my application - the power went out during my MCAT! This happened in the middle of the WS (in which I had an M).

• 1 month later...

I'm a NB resident in undergraduate studies. My GPA was 4.0 (out of 4.3) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (6)

Verbal: (11)

Biological Sciences: (9)

Written Sample: (Q)

I was waitlisted, then accepted by Memorial. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend Memorial as my first (and only!) choice.

I think they have different waitlists for each province because they have a set number of seats for students form each province.... I think NB has it's own waitlist because the NB govt reserves 9 or 10 spots at MUN... I'm from NB, so I really only know how it works for NB, but Ithink if you're in NS, then you are OOP canadian according to MUN and you have a different waitlist for that... hope that helps!

Mark2000, I got a call yesterday morning.. they basically said that I had been waitlisted and did I still want to go to MUN, and I said yes and they said they'd send the acceptance letter priority courier! Haven't received it yet, maybe it's some kind of elaborate hoax...?

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!!!

Is there any hope of the OOP waitlist moving? :) I'm curious, now that the Ontario schools have sent their offers. I'm currently on the waitlist, and I still have my fingers crossed! So what I'm asking - is anyone from OOP going to decline their spot at MUN?

• 2 weeks later...