Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/rejected/waitlisted/deferred (Current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Both rejections as well as acceptances have been sent to OOP applicants.

Really?? I'm OOP and haven't heard anything either way (neither interview or rejection). Their website says rejections go out mid-March and interviews go through Jan/Feb/March. I'm obviously assuming rejection but would've been nice to get a letter by now.

My understanding is that not everyone has verifiers checked, and if they are it would only be a subset of your verifiers.

Particularly, your verifiers might be checked if you make a seemingly odd claim such as:

" I did research with Dr. J. Doe for 4 years, received many awards for that work, published papers and completed my Honours with them. However, I've decided that my first year english teacher should write my academic reference."

Thanks a lot for the input, that makes a lot of sense.

Have any other OOP applicants heard anything? I'm a little surprised by the lack of activity given that someone has said they've received a waitlist letter (though I guess many will have to wait for Monday to check the mail..)

I wish MUN would make an online system similar to what the Ontario schools have, so that we wouldn't be worrying about when our letter is coming once we finish our interview. If there was a set date when all information would become available for us, things would be so much easier.

That being said, perhaps we should stop using this thread for questions/comments, and start a new one. This thread is supposed to be very formatted (Accept/Rejected, GPA, MCAT, EC, etc), just so people can run through quickly and get the information they need.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey everyone, I've just stumbled across this discussion thread and wondered if any other 2012 applicants are reading and if any of you happen to also be anxious for MUN's 2012 selection process? Best of luck to everyone :)

I've been interviewed earlier in January so now it's just the waiting...

hello,

i have applied too this yr, and waiting for their replies! I am in international applicant !!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a NL resident in B.Sc. (Hon) Phys/Biochem and M.Sc. My GPA was ~3.5 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 10

Verbal: 11

Biological Sciences: 9

Written Sample: R

I was accepted by Memorial. This is my second time applying to this school.

I'm an NL resident with a B.Sc. (Hons.) in Psychology (GPA 3.97) and (nearly) an M.A. in Health Psych (GPA 4.0).

My MCAT scores (written hastily, in 09) were:

Physical Sciences: 8

Verbal: 10

Biological Sciences: 8

Written Sample: Q

I was accepted by Memorial. This is my second time applying to this school. Happy to report that a less-than-stellar MCAT won't necessarily make or break you!

Best of luck! What were your stats? I hope you have more luck than I had :(

Thanks Davjw! My academic stats are no where near yours... I did a BBA (3.3) and MBA (3.8), won a few academic awards.

MCAT:

Phys-8

Verb-9

Bio-8

Writing: Q

Again, goes to prove you don't necessarily need stellar MCAT or top marks (although I'm not in yet).

Volunteered in a research lab at HSC, tons of leadership/volunteer work and other ECs. Worked in the Cancer Centre for a year on contract, and a fair bit of other work experience. Best of luck to you in your ON apps!

I was shocked. Still am. It was pretty upsetting, thought interview went well. I studied out of province even though NL resident, maybe they doubted my commitment.

So sorry to hear that.. hoping you receive good news from Ontario.