Premed 101 Forums
Guest Ian Wong

Accepted/rejected/waitlisted/deferred (Current applicants)

OOP Canadian Applicant

Waitlisted

Timestamp: 11:39 AM

Undergrad GPA ~88%

MCAT: 512 

ECs: Many... lots of work experience and volunteer experience (message me for details)

Interview: Such a fun and positive experience. I really enjoyed the MMI.

Anyone OOP with an offer who won't be accepting?

Waitlisted

OOP Canadian Applicant

Timestamp: 8:09 AM (MST)

GPA: ~88%

MCAT: 516 (128/128/130/130)

ECs: Long term research and clinical work, some university club involvement and rehab volunteer

Interview: It was so long ago looking back, but I enjoyed the process :D

OOP Canadian Applicant

Waitlisted

Timestamp: 9:29am CST

Undergrad GPA ~83%

MCAT: 510

ECs: Solid mix of long and short term, volunteer and work. Work in theatre and service industry + university assistant. Volunteering with arts organizations and science outreach.

Interview: Absolutely loved how MUN did everything! 

Anyone OOP with an offer who won't be accepting?

Has anyone gotten off the OOP waitlist yet? We had two weeks to accept our waitlist positions, so I'm wondering if they are waiting the full two weeks before moving the list along? 

I know last year someone got off the OOP wait list this week (he told me it was 1 week after OMSAS releases which were last tuesday). But I think they have us ranked, so it'll depend if the people at the top have handed in their forms yet- if that makes sense. 

Anxiously waiting with you

On 5/19/2020 at 11:39 PM, theatrekid said:

I know last year someone got off the OOP wait list this week (he told me it was 1 week after OMSAS releases which were last tuesday). But I think they have us ranked, so it'll depend if the people at the top have handed in their forms yet- if that makes sense. 

Anxiously waiting with you

Yes I saw someone in the interview group said that they would be declining their OOP offer yet I haven't heard of anyone getting off the OOP waitlist yet. Of course, it could be just that they didn't post about it. I am hoping that it may be that they're waiting the full two weeks to move the list, which would mean someone could hear tomorrow! Who knows, fingers crossed for us!

4 hours ago, 1234xoxo said:

Yes I saw someone in the interview group said that they would be declining their OOP offer yet I haven't heard of anyone getting off the OOP waitlist yet. Of course, it could be just that they didn't post about it. I am hoping that it may be that they're waiting the full two weeks to move the list, which would mean someone could hear tomorrow! Who knows, fingers crossed for us!

I heard from one of my friends that she got in off the waitlist (Friday end of end NL time). As far as I can gather there are 2/6 spots confirmed full.