Premed 101 Forums

MMI & CASPer Prep by popular demand Part I of II

future_doc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Has anyone read the new "MMI for the Mind" book? Specifically, I'd like to know if its worth the read in respect to preparing for ethical mmi questions.

Thanks

I doubt it. I bought a few of them last year and they were all garbage. Buy "Doing Right". That is more than enough and practice some of the cases in that under timed conditions with a group of friends.

Has anyone read the new "MMI for the Mind" book? Specifically, I'd like to know if its worth the read in respect to preparing for ethical mmi questions.

Thanks

I have this book (given to me by a friend) and it isn't worth buying. It's all very obvious things that you could easily pick up my reading this forum or just some simple logic.

Practice with friends and get comfortable thinking on your feet.

I have this book (given to me by a friend) and it isn't worth buying. It's all very obvious things that you could easily pick up my reading this forum or just some simple logic.

Practice with friends and get comfortable thinking on your feet.

Just noticed your countdown. Best of luck Hockeynut!:D :D :D

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Thanks

I found MMI for the Mind helpful for shaping my answers, and pointing out a few red flags that I hadn't thought about in that way at thr time ... but not for ethics. There are plenty of good free ethics resources so didn't need to buy Doing Right.