Premed 101 Forums

Hope Box for people with no e-mails yet

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I second the nomination.

:P

We should have a person that represents premed101 physically. Whenever we need responses to our questions we could ask him/her to go in personally on behalf of this community. I nominate The law :P

Haha, I'd be honoured... but Patho seems to have all the inside sources. :P

Last 2 "invites" First time posters + low-ish GPA + nothing special Ec's + invites on a day when no other UG's got one = trolls, or 2 people with a really, really, really good essay and LORs.

Both her and the previous poster - oh and the 2 names - "Michelle G" and "Brittany C". Umm, yeah

If that's for real, very impressive

I wanted to tell TheLaw, that from the time I've been on this site, and from all your posts, you are really one of the few top quality, all-around great guys I've seen and will be an asset to any med school. U of T's loss is the gain of the American med school you choose. Congrats on those acceptances and keep your head held high.

Regrets

just now

grad student, 2 publications (1st author + middle author)

wgpa: mid 3.8

Lots of ECs

I'm crushed

I am crushed for you! That is super crappy.... :( :( :(

There is always next year! Law, based on what I've seen on premed, you deserve to go to medschool....please make sure to give it another go! You've got a loooong life ahead of you, so what is another year, right? :)

I am crushed for you! That is super crappy.... :( :( :(

There is always next year! Law, based on what I've seen on premed, you deserve to go to medschool....please make sure to give it another go! You've got a loooong life ahead of you, so what is another year, right? :)

Haha, I applied to the US and got in there so will be going there for sure. I'm just crushed because I really wanted to stay in Toronto next year. But that is life, I'm going to end up a doctor anyway and going to be a damn good one at that. All of you who are rejected, keep your head up and keep working, you'll all find a way to make it.

Regrets

just now

grad student, 2 publications (1st author + middle author)

wgpa: mid 3.8

Lots of ECs

I'm crushed :(

The Law - from the time I've been on this site, and from all your posts, you are really one of the few top quality, all-around great guys I've seen and will be an asset to any med school. U of T's loss is the gain of the American med school you choose. Congrats on those acceptances and keep your head held high.

Yeah I'm not going to lie, I really thought I'd have a chance. I worked so hard and my application was really kinda geared towards U of T now. I don't know what else they wanted. Anyway, that part of my life is done now... have to focus on the future and decide where to go. Hope you guys get better news!

Yeah I'm not going to lie, I really thought I'd have a chance. I worked so hard and my application was really kinda geared towards U of T now. I don't know what else they wanted. Anyway, that part of my life is done now... have to focus on the future and decide where to go. Hope you guys get better news!

sorry to hear law, what are ur options right now?

Right now I'm picking from Michigan State, Albany Medical College, Wayne State. I'm also on the waitlist at 3 schools and waiting to hear from one more, but primarily, I want to try to get into University of Vermont, which I think is my top choice right now. I am leaning Michigan State I think, unless Vermont comes through!

Last 2 "invites" First time posters + low-ish GPA + nothing special Ec's + invites on a day when no other UG's got one = trolls, or 2 people with a really, really, really good essay and LORs.

Both her and the previous poster - oh and the 2 names - "Michelle G" and "Brittany C". Umm, yeah

If that's for real, very impressive

Plus...both join dates are Feb 2011.

I'm surprised I haven't been rejected yet...this is really giving me a false sense of hope

I haven't been rejected either, the way I deal with it is to think that it's gonna be a rejection. Then if I get invited, it would be a pleasant surprise, and if I don't, well it's what I already had set on my mind.

Me too! I'm just a third year with slightly below average stats... My file should have been easy to pick out for rejection right from the get go but I guess they've decided to put that off till later :P

Archived