Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing for reading week?

Renoir

Or, more selfishly, I need advice on a good vay kay. I was going to go skiing, but at a few days worth of lift tix and lodging, and I may as well be on a plane to somewhere warm and doing something awesome. (Travel bug) Anyone else been nursing the same itch?

I have a buddy doing med school in St. Kitts, but tickets there are horrendous. ($3000+)

If you say you will be catching up on homework, I will have pity on you, but not much since I feel sanity needs one to ignore masses of projects on occasion.

cabo san lucas is nice, and pretty cheap for all inclusives

Or, more selfishly, I need advice on a good vay kay. I was going to go skiing, but at a few days worth of lift tix and lodging, and I may as well be on a plane to somewhere warm and doing something awesome. (Travel bug) Anyone else been nursing the same itch?

I have a buddy doing med school in St. Kitts, but tickets there are horrendous. ($3000+)

If you say you will be catching up on homework, I will have pity on you, but not much since I feel sanity needs one to ignore masses of projects on occasion.

Check out Jamaica and you may be able to find a good deal. They have some sweet (and sometimes not too costly) places to get away.

This being said, tropics over skiing? No way! I'd hit up a sweet hill (Whistler!) any day over the beach and palms setting.

I hear ya - this all started with a G&M advert for whistler ski packages. I was pretty excited, but with lift tix, a flight over, and lodging, I assume I'd be spending 1500 for a week. I'd pick a week of scuba diving away from canada for under 1K if I could. Looking into Jamaica and San Lucas now...

Perhaps I'll borrow buddy's VW bus and sleep at Kimberley. :P

Thanks for the advice all!

I think I'm driving down to Buffalo for a few days just because I've never been; going to see a hockey game and stuff. Sometimes the most relaxed and unplanned trips can be the most fun in my opinion. Montreal? That could be a quick train trip (depending on where you are lol) and pretty cheap if you stay in no-frills places.

I see you are in Edmonton... nvm haha

Work, catch up on the week of school work missed due to a flu, prepare for the 3 midterms immediately after reading week, and hopefully get in 2 days of snowboarding in there some where.

Wish I was flying to banff for a week of epic boarding with the snowboard club but dang, 1200 is steep.

I'll take a week in deep powder over warm weather any day :D

Archived