Premed 101 Forums

3rd Annual PM101 Fantasy Baseball Orgasm

The Law

We're about to embark on SEASON 3 of PREMED101 fantasy baseball orgasm. Come join other premed101 fantasy baseball nuts! Our two-time reigning champion is janny_jan, who (once again) managed to kick all of our asses last year. Will anyone be able to knock her off the title? (Hmmm... supafield perhaps?)

More info:

Link to join: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/register/joinprivateleague_league_select?.scrumb=

To join you will need:

1. League ID: 129735

2. Password to join: premed

Live Draft will be Wed, March 30 @ 9:30 pm.

Note: you can rank your fave players before draft day in case you aren't there for the draft.

League will begin the day games start (I believe March 31!)

Max 14 teams.

Top 8 will be in the playoffs.

Spots go fast so get 'em while they're hot!!!

I'm in :D

I've gotta say- some of the rankings yahoo has are quite... interesting. Took me a little while to sort through who all I want on my team to maximze the points etc.

You guys are all going down. Just sayin' ;)

On a different note, I noticed TO won today! Lol- the only time I cheer for a Toronto team is in baseball:p

Some of the stat choices you made are interesting. What's the reasoning behind them?

You mean the ones we're looking at? Some of them are obvious, but I'll explain the oddball ones:

Grand Slam - doesn't happen often, but could be a game changer if it happens during a close contest!

H/9 - it used to be just "hits" but when that was the case, people who played starting pitchers (who were amazing pitchers!) would do poorly sometimes, simply because their pitchers played more innings and got more hits against them. This protects against people just playing short-relievers.

Pickoffs - don't happen often, but again, just spices things up a bit and can change things up in close matches!

:) cnb88 is another gal who kicked a lot of ass last year!!!

On a side note, am I right to understand that a girl's won this league two years in a row?

Hahaha you better believe it!! Going for the trifecta this year! Then maybe I'll hang up my hat and let someone else win next year :P

But in all seriousness, last year was intense! Almost as intense as Snider's new 'stache

You mean the ones we're looking at? Some of them are obvious, but I'll explain the oddball ones:

Grand Slam - doesn't happen often, but could be a game changer if it happens during a close contest!

H/9 - it used to be just "hits" but when that was the case, people who played starting pitchers (who were amazing pitchers!) would do poorly sometimes, simply because their pitchers played more innings and got more hits against them. This protects against people just playing short-relievers.

Pickoffs - don't happen often, but again, just spices things up a bit and can change things up in close matches!

:) cnb88 is another gal who kicked a lot of ass last year!!!

Why not just use WHIP instead of H/9 and BB?

Why not just use WHIP instead of H/9 and BB?

Eh, was going to do that... but it's worked in the past with the same categories we've had and I'm writing my thesis right now so didn't have much time to think about things before doing it. :P Also, I like having a bit of variability, people have to balance using starting and relief pitchers this way a bit more. :)

I entered the 8 team playoff as the #1 seed and finished 8th.... ugh..

Josh Johnson getting hurt was the end of me.

I got so lucky, I BARELY squeaked into the playoffs... it was seriously a nail biter, then somehow managed to get into the semi finals because I got lucky vs supa! It was so close, every single week between everyone, especially late in the season!

Btw, nice Arcade Fire reference. I only bought the Suburbs after they won the Grammy (had listened to most of the songs on it before, though). Still, listening to the album as a whole completely blows away listening to any of the songs individually. One of the few remaining bands you can say that about, really.

Sprawl II came out of nowhere and blew me away.

Btw, nice Arcade Fire reference. I only bought the Suburbs after they won the Grammy (had listened to most of the songs on it before, though). Still, listening to the album as a whole completely blows away listening to any of the songs individually. One of the few remaining bands you can say that about, really.

Sprawl II came out of nowhere and blew me away.

Yeah I've loved them for a while, have a bunch of their albums & b-sides. Fun band. The suburbs as a whole is amazing, I was so happy that they won.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived