Premed 101 Forums

Western CTF Nursing

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Ahh you're so lucky, congratulations amacdo56!!

Do you mind me asking what your average was? I graduated this year with a biology degree from McMaster, I have a 84% average but I am taking the Athabasca Anatomy and Physiology course online, hopefully I can finish it by the end of March.

I swear I check the UWO student center everyday, fingers crossed!!

Hey all,

i have BSc. Kin from U Waterloo and also applied to the western CTF nursing as well and i am getting very anxious to know if i will get in or not

I have not heard of anyone getting accepted until now so these must be first round offers?

also BKA what is your 3.86 GPA in percent? about 85?

do you know how your average was calculated exactly? and what the marks were for those admitted last year (the cutoff)?

thanks!

Hey avg,

I had to use the Undergraduate GPA conversion chart that OUAC posts... the link is... http://www.ouac.on.ca/docs/omsas/c_omsas_b.pdf . Unfortunately, it will depend on the university that you went too and what grading system they implement. When I calculated my percentage it's about 87. Again I'm not sure how much my M.Sc helped me out?

thanks for that. i read somewhere that last year the average cut off was 81% and i am above that, but not by much so i am stressing out a bit.

not gonna lie, i realllllly am hoping that your MSc had something to do with it, but im hoping to hear soon because i finished my BSc about a year ago and have completed all of the requirements

do you know of anyone else who has been accepted besides the other person in this thread?

if anyone else has any input about this program post away!

well hopefully they only let in a few and lots of spots are still left!

I've researched about the program a lot and it seems really good, my friend is in the fast track one at MAC and she loves it! she said its all the meat of nursing and no taking random 'electives' to fill your time.

also i looked at the course outline on westerns website and there are a LOT of clinical hours, so lots of experience should be sweet!

hope i find out soon!

thanks!

i really hope to know by around then, i honestly cannot wait any longer

let me know if you hear anything else from UWO or about other people getting accepted please!

alsooo, just out of curiosity, what is your education background like and GPA to get into this program?

thanks!

i really hope to know by around then, i honestly cannot wait any longer

let me know if you hear anything else from UWO or about other people getting accepted please!

alsooo, just out of curiosity, what is your education background like and GPA to get into this program?

I did my undergrad in Kinesiology then went to Teacher's College (BA and B.Ed),

Low 90 average, not sure what that works out to in terms of GPA.

Hi everyone,

Just wondering how they offered acceptance before the application deadline (march 1) ?

hi mariejjib,

as lmh said above, they only sent out about 10 offers before the deadline and they were to the students with highly competitive averages and even a completed Master's degree for the previous poster.

so far since those offers I have not heard of anything else...