Premed 101 Forums

Western CTF Nursing

I'd really appreciate the info also please :)

I got a conditional offer at the beginning of March.. I graduated from McMaster this year with a four year honours biology degree. I was missing an anatomy credit so I signed up in December for the anatomy and physiology course through Athabasca online. Its hard to say what my average was because at Mac they give a scaled grade but by my calculations my average was roughly a 3.9 GPA. I dont know if it made a difference but in my last year two years of school I only took third and fourth year biology credits along with an honours thesis?

I know how stressed I was about hearing, I hope you all hear back from western VERY VERY soon!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone! I just checked my student centre and received an offer of admission. My final grades for this year just got processed yesterday by Western (I'm a current student). My average for my last 10 credits was around 84% after adding my last semester so the admission average is slowing dropping. Hopefully you guys hear some good news soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey All,

Just wanted to let you know I finally got an acceptance last evening. I will be declining as I accepted my spot in the Queen's AST program in March. The average for my last ten credits was 83.95, so it looks like they've just got through all of the 84's and are beginning to accept the 83's. We have until June 22 to reply so there will likely be a rush of invite after that.

Best of luck - hang in there tight!

I decided to call admissions yesterday because my transcript from my exchange semester was still not on UWO student centre and I thought that odd. The admissions woman informed me she still needed to calculate my average with these marks and when she did it was 83.475. She said the round of offers they just sent out was 83.70 and above, so they are compiling a list of people who will be contacted once those offers have been accepted/declined by the recipients. She also informed me that since my average is so close that I am on this unofficial waiting list if any people decline and open these spots up"by June 22nd (when they are due to decide by). I honestly can not believe that admissions is taking this long, but I am hoping if I will get in I will have enough time to fly home and get ready for it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Has anyone who has been accepted to UWO compressed nursing know if they consider your masters' completion in the admission selection process? Could my last 10 credits be compiled from my masters instead of my undergrad. Just curious if anyone knew if your masters may have bumped you in the admission process?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/2/2019 at 8:11 PM, T-cell said:

Hey, yes I applied to the UWO CTF for Admission Spet 19. Have you heard anything? Any idea what the entrance average will be for this year?? 

they've already sent out acceptances to people with really high GPAs (started in February and have been rolling since). I spoke to admissions and they said the bulk will go out at the end of May. I've heard other people say they have until May 17 to accept the offer, and others have said they will send out more offers on May 17 and 30th. Don't know how low they'll go. Do you know how they're calculating the GPA? on their site, it says the last 10.0 courses (is that the last 10 credits (20 courses/last 2 years)? or literally the last 10 classes taken. Also, my GPA is out of 4.33 so I don't know how to convert it to the 4 point scale. help? 

On 5/11/2019 at 8:40 PM, miniimufin said:

they've already sent out acceptances to people with really high GPAs (started in February and have been rolling since). I spoke to admissions and they said the bulk will go out at the end of May. I've heard other people say they have until May 17 to accept the offer, and others have said they will send out more offers on May 17 and 30th. Don't know how low they'll go. Do you know how they're calculating the GPA? on their site, it says the last 10.0 courses (is that the last 10 credits (20 courses/last 2 years)? or literally the last 10 classes taken. Also, my GPA is out of 4.33 so I don't know how to convert it to the 4 point scale. help? 

Thanks for  this useful info. Does anyone on this forum know the lowest average that was sent an acceptance? 

And as per your question, its literally the last 10 classes on your transcript...hopefully this helps your average:)