Premed 101 Forums
Cerena

Ask a question for the person below you.

I prefer to have all the answers. One unanswered question is OK (that's what research is about!) but too many will drive me nuts!!

How do you like to say goodbye to friends, profs, mentors, and acquaintances after a 3 year journey?

i say bye, life moves on. I will keep in touch with the ppl i am close with.

what is your stance on internet privacy?

- I recently installed a bunch of apps, as an attempt to get stop sites from tracking me. I would use Tor but that makes my computer so slow.

i say bye, life moves on. I will keep in touch with the ppl i am close with.

what is your stance on internet privacy?

- I recently installed a bunch of apps, as an attempt to get stop sites from tracking me. I would use Tor but that makes my computer so slow.

I don't care so much about my private information as I do the about the infringement on civil liberties.

Did you see the Nirvana rocknroll hall of fame induction afterparty performance? If so, what'd you think of it?

I don't care so much about my private information as I do the about the infringement on civil liberties.

Did you see the Nirvana rocknroll hall of fame induction afterparty performance? If so, what'd you think of it?

nah man

How was your day?

On 4/14/2014 at 12:24 PM, thehockeykid said:

playing the waiting game for admissions, honestly not impressed. i got an exam later on too

how do you feel about bitcoin prices dropping to <500

REVIVING THE DEAD. Considering Bitcoin is up to ~$8000 rn, I don't feel.

Juggling or magic?

2 hours ago, Thistimenextyear said:

Magic ftw although juggling is magical for me.

How do you deal with solitude?

You need to embrace and enjoy yourself and time alone which allows you to self-reflect, relax and to do whatever it is that you enjoy on your own.

why medicine as opposed to other careers, don’t say money as you are then only fooling yourself, and do you have a Plan B as backup?

On 11/2/2018 at 8:53 PM, Bambi said:

You need to embrace and enjoy yourself and time alone which allows you to self-reflect, relax and to do whatever it is that you enjoy on your own.

why medicine as opposed to other careers, don’t say money as you are then only fooling yourself, and do you have a Plan B as backup?

I’ve worked some of the harder, more stressful jobs in Canada and have changed careers a few times in my early life. There is three separate times in my life that I’ve debated taking on a different choice of career. I can pin point all three. Each time I’ve ended up at my book shelf and once again, picked up one of my various novels on medicine. It was the third time I decided enough was enough and that I would try for medical school.

I have no back up plan. To have a back up plan means to spend time focusing on doing something else I’d prefer not to do over my first choice. 

If you had the option of being a world renowned physician, or to be at the top  of whichever hobby you love most, what would you choose? 

Example: you love cooking at home and have the opportunity to be one of the best chef’s in the world, or a world renowned physician. What do you choose and why?

Definitely my hobby. If I could make a living off of art, or gaming, or writing, or theatre... sign me up! But I honestly think I have a better chance in Medicine. :rolleyes:  I told myself if Medicine doesn't work out I'm going to become a tattoo artist or attempt to become a professional Twitch streamer, hahahah. I'm honestly going to start working toward these things this summer to see if there's even a practical chance. I think I'm just competitive, and I want to be the best, but it doesn't matter in what, so why not something more fun? 

If you could cut off your legs to become a human encyclopedia (you know pretty much everything there is to know about the world, but you can't know things that haven't been discovered), would you do it? 

On 1/9/2019 at 6:55 AM, bins said:

If you could cut off your legs to become a human encyclopedia (you know pretty much everything there is to know about the world, but you can't know things that haven't been discovered), would you do it? 

No. 1) I'd go crazy if I knew everything there is to know about anything. Particularly if the people around me don't because I'd feel like I need to correct them or fill in blanks. 2) I like to learn. if there's nothing left to learn then life gets boring. 3) I'm not very good at sports or anything requiring athletic ability, but its fun and I'd like to be able to continue. I don't think I'd be able to be as good or remotely close if I had to use adaptive equipment

Tea or coffee? 

On 1/10/2019 at 12:17 PM, chiynadoll said:

No. 1) I'd go crazy if I knew everything there is to know about anything. Particularly if the people around me don't because I'd feel like I need to correct them or fill in blanks. 2) I like to learn. if there's nothing left to learn then life gets boring. 3) I'm not very good at sports or anything requiring athletic ability, but its fun and I'd like to be able to continue. I don't think I'd be able to be as good or remotely close if I had to use adaptive equipment

Tea or coffee? 

Neither. I've never had the pleasure of developing a dependence for either. However, if I was forced to drink one, tea is my choice.

Spring or fall?

5 hours ago, Rabeprazole said:

Neither. I've never had the pleasure of developing a dependence for either. However, if I was forced to drink one, tea is my choice.

Spring or fall?

Spring! Flowers bloom, longer day, warm weather, lilacs to arrive, as will summer. Fall too is beautiful but leads to winter, shorter days, cold weather.

Which healthcare profession and why?