Premed 101 Forums

Ask a question for the person below you.

Cerena

2 hours ago, Thistimenextyear said:

Magic ftw although juggling is magical for me.

How do you deal with solitude?

You need to embrace and enjoy yourself and time alone which allows you to self-reflect, relax and to do whatever it is that you enjoy on your own.

why medicine as opposed to other careers, don’t say money as you are then only fooling yourself, and do you have a Plan B as backup?

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2018 at 8:53 PM, Bambi said:

You need to embrace and enjoy yourself and time alone which allows you to self-reflect, relax and to do whatever it is that you enjoy on your own.

why medicine as opposed to other careers, don’t say money as you are then only fooling yourself, and do you have a Plan B as backup?

I’ve worked some of the harder, more stressful jobs in Canada and have changed careers a few times in my early life. There is three separate times in my life that I’ve debated taking on a different choice of career. I can pin point all three. Each time I’ve ended up at my book shelf and once again, picked up one of my various novels on medicine. It was the third time I decided enough was enough and that I would try for medical school.

I have no back up plan. To have a back up plan means to spend time focusing on doing something else I’d prefer not to do over my first choice. 

If you had the option of being a world renowned physician, or to be at the top  of whichever hobby you love most, what would you choose? 

Example: you love cooking at home and have the opportunity to be one of the best chef’s in the world, or a world renowned physician. What do you choose and why?

Definitely my hobby. If I could make a living off of art, or gaming, or writing, or theatre... sign me up! But I honestly think I have a better chance in Medicine. :rolleyes:  I told myself if Medicine doesn't work out I'm going to become a tattoo artist or attempt to become a professional Twitch streamer, hahahah. I'm honestly going to start working toward these things this summer to see if there's even a practical chance. I think I'm just competitive, and I want to be the best, but it doesn't matter in what, so why not something more fun? 

If you could cut off your legs to become a human encyclopedia (you know pretty much everything there is to know about the world, but you can't know things that haven't been discovered), would you do it? 

On 1/9/2019 at 6:55 AM, bins said:

If you could cut off your legs to become a human encyclopedia (you know pretty much everything there is to know about the world, but you can't know things that haven't been discovered), would you do it? 

No. 1) I'd go crazy if I knew everything there is to know about anything. Particularly if the people around me don't because I'd feel like I need to correct them or fill in blanks. 2) I like to learn. if there's nothing left to learn then life gets boring. 3) I'm not very good at sports or anything requiring athletic ability, but its fun and I'd like to be able to continue. I don't think I'd be able to be as good or remotely close if I had to use adaptive equipment

Tea or coffee? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2019 at 12:17 PM, chiynadoll said:

No. 1) I'd go crazy if I knew everything there is to know about anything. Particularly if the people around me don't because I'd feel like I need to correct them or fill in blanks. 2) I like to learn. if there's nothing left to learn then life gets boring. 3) I'm not very good at sports or anything requiring athletic ability, but its fun and I'd like to be able to continue. I don't think I'd be able to be as good or remotely close if I had to use adaptive equipment

Tea or coffee? 

Tea is my choice.

Spring or fall?

5 hours ago, Rabeprazole said:

Neither. I've never had the pleasure of developing a dependence for either. However, if I was forced to drink one, tea is my choice.

Spring or fall?

Spring! Flowers bloom, longer day, warm weather, lilacs to arrive, as will summer. Fall too is beautiful but leads to winter, shorter days, cold weather.

Which healthcare profession and why?

• 3 months later...

On 3/13/2019 at 1:00 PM, IsabellaSmith_ said:

Surgeon because it is one of the toughest profession but rewarding

What are you allergic to? 

Nothing, although I am intolerant to lactose

What do you think is the most important thing in life?

2 hours ago, LouLou19 said:

Nothing, although I am intolerant to lactose

What do you think is the most important thing in life?

Relationships (of all forms -- familial, personal, romantic, platonic, professional, etc.)

What is a hobby you've always wanted to take up but have never gotten around to?

21 minutes ago, hiyayosup said:

Relationships (of all forms -- familial, personal, romantic, platonic, professional, etc.)

What is a hobby you've always wanted to take up but have never gotten around to?

Playing the guitar, I’ve got one laying untouched in my room for a more than a year.

You’re a physician and your best friend’s ex came back into his life after a month, saying she was pregnant and that the child was his. Your best friend decided to take his responsibilities towards his future child and started saving up and finding ways to mov in with his ex in a house to start their family. Your best friend’s ex went to the hospital where you work because she was feeling sick so you ran some tests. With the lab results back, you realized that she was never pregnant. What do you do?

On 5/4/2019 at 5:28 PM, Missy said:

Playing the guitar, I’ve got one laying untouched in my room for a more than a year.

You’re a physician and your best friend’s ex came back into his life after a month, saying she was pregnant and that the child was his. Your best friend decided to take his responsibilities towards his future child and started saving up and finding ways to mov in with his ex in a house to start their family. Your best friend’s ex went to the hospital where you work because she was feeling sick so you ran some tests. With the lab results back, you realized that she was never pregnant. What do you do?

Much ethics. Am I running tests that I had told her about or in secret? Does it show a miscarriage or that she was never pregnant at all what so ever? Ethical me would confront her and tell her that she needs to come clean. Can't hide the lie for 9 months.

IRL me would've already told the bff to be careful, and make sure that he is taking her back for the right reasons (for him). Staying in a relationship for reasons that don't coincide with your true values will eventually not work out. You can have the child, and child can have their mom but not be in a relationship with said mom. I've dealt with this enough times and counseled enough people about it.

What animal would be your ideal pet, other than cats/dogs?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 10:26 PM, Let'sDoThis said:

Hm... my sister fell of a tube in the lake and held on bc she was terrified of the water, and lost her swim trunks in the process...

Best Mario Kart character AND race course?

Toad and Rainbow Road :D

What would be your favourite city to live in if you had all the money in the world and could bring your whole family with you? 

22 hours ago, nsrdude said:

Toad and Rainbow Road :D

What would be your favourite city to live in if you had all the money in the world and could bring your whole family with you? 

Unusual choice, but I would say Cape Town. I've been to Africa many times, and this is the city I would see myself settling in the best. Or maybe Rome. Argh, that's a hard question!

What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Do you have morning routine? 

• 1 month later...
On 6/16/2019 at 2:19 PM, medschool40&cool said:

Unusual choice, but I would say Cape Town. I've been to Africa many times, and this is the city I would see myself settling in the best. Or maybe Rome. Argh, that's a hard question!

What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? Do you have morning routine? 

I drink a tall glass of water, stretch, and then meditate for 20 minutes.

What's the biggest thing you've learned about yourself in 2019?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...