Premed 101 Forums

Ask a question for the person below you.

Cerena

digging young blood by the naked and famous...wait what? My favourite song at the moment would be alright by darius rucker.

if u had ur own practice would given you had room, would you allow an elementary school come and visit? Or would you go to elementary schools to give health talks?

Without a doubt I would do both: letting them come and visit gives the children the comfort to explore and ask questions without the stress of being there for a visit/being sick. Great teaching moment. But trips are less frequent--you should also do health talks, you can focus on so many different subjects and perform many more (given the amount of time you wish to volunteer and the school wants to give you) than having them visit.

Thanks for words above, Muse. Waiting for a seizure...climbing stairs, taking a shower, driving, holding a baby, being in public, etc. is nerve-wracking.

When do you put your tree up? (If you have one...)

i think mid december if I get a frazer fur, and the week before christmas if i get a spruce. (dont mind the spelling)

as a doctor owning a practice given the choice would you be located in a cheap rent/bargain location place or an elegant office nice flooring, lighting, seating, and amenities for your patients?

what do you think of glass ceilings in the workplace?

What do you think of people sleeping/flirting with their boss to advance in the workplace?

What do you think of historically black colleges HBCu (i think this is the proper term)? Is there that much discrimination in the school and workplace in America?

Can you respect someone that has an affair?

So many questions! I'll just answer the first one. The type of office depends on what type of population I'm working with.

What do you think of glass ceilings in the workplace?

So great - they let all the light in!

Seriously though, I do think they exist, and I wish they didn't.

I'll copy your third question:

What do you think of people sleeping/flirting with their boss to advance in the workplace?

So great - they let all the light in!

Seriously though, I do think they exist, and I wish they didn't.

I'll copy your third question:

Prostitution on both sides of the equation and I have no respect for the employer/employee.

When will you hit the sack tonight?

2:30am I gotta finish some stuff for an 8:30am class tommorw

What do you think of historically black colleges HBCu (i think this is the proper term)? Is there that much discrimination in the school and workplace in America?

Historically black colleges exist because of segregation - meaning that it was actually illegal for African-Americans to go to the same schools as white people at the time that those schools were established. I think that's a pretty good indicator that there was quite a bit of discrimination going on (that's probably one of the biggest understatements ever). Things have improved, at least legally and more in certain parts of the US than in others, but there is still quite a bit of racism in some parts of the country. And I actually lived in the US for 7 years, I'm not just saying this as an outside observer. So what do I think of HBCUs? Well, academically they are typically pretty good schools, but I the fact that they exist is evidence that the human race can be very intolerant and horrible sometimes. Does that answer your question? Incidentally, you don't have to be black to go to a HBCU. They weren't set up to be discriminatory, they were set up as a response to discrimination.

What's your favorite kind of soup?

such a nice response astrogirl :D My favourite kind of soup is mushroom soup though minestrone soup is good when i dont want such a thick flavour soup.

If you couldn't be a doctor, would you want a health related career (chriopractory, dentisty, physio therepy, or paramedic?)

The only other health related career that I would be fully satisfied with would be a clinical Kinesiologist or physio if I really have to.

How much water do you drink per day? per hour?

really seems intersting, job fullfilment, holds so much power with the ability to save someone I want to become a trama surgeon

if u had ur own practice would given you had room, would you allow an elementary school class to come and visit? Or would you go to elementary schools to give health talks?

Asked and answered in posts 2137 & 2138 above.

apples or oranges?

apples or oranges?

Apples, I can't stand the pith on oranges.

I am donating a Christmas stocking to a local charity for a teen boy, and beyond the usual recommended items (toiletries/clothing/no food) I'm stuck as what to put in there. Do any of the male forum members have any suggestions, based on what they would have liked to receive? The usual boy stocking stuffer items I purchase like headphones, cologne, sports or sports team items don't work because I have no info about the recipient!

I am a very practical person, and I like to get things that I would use.

-good quality pen

-fountain pen

-a novel

-book marks with the tassels

-gloves, hats (i like ones from Bench)

-travel mug

-an umbrella

-flashlight

-crank radio

-journal to write my thoughts

-some brown work man's gloves for when i do the yard work

-blanket

how come canada doesn't have a highschool entry program into medical school unlike other countries?

I am a very practical person, and I like to get things that I would use.

-good quality pen

-fountain pen

-a novel

-book marks with the tassels

-gloves, hats (i like ones from Bench)

-travel mug

-an umbrella

-flashlight

-crank radio

-journal to write my thoughts

-some brown work man's gloves for when i do the yard work

-blanket

how come canada doesn't have a highschool entry program into medical school unlike other countries?

Yea it seems to be something prevalent in all the Commonwealth nations, but doesn't apply to Canada primarily because of USA's proximity to Canada (in my opinion). I think it may cause a lot of problems for Canadian physicians who are 4 years younger than their counterparts in USA.

I also believe there are different degree classifications. Under the direct entry option, you graduate with a Bachelors in Medicine/Bachelors in Surgery (MBBS) and at USA you get an M.D. An M.D. also exists in the Commonwealth nations but I believe it's closer to what a MD/PHD would be here.

If anyone knows more about this feel free to correct me :)

Would you rather be:

- A physician for $500,000/year

OR

- An astronaut who is the first person to land on a new inhabitable planet. At which point, you then return home to take an ordinary 9-5pm job at minimum wage

I saw a really nice leather messanger bag at a store that sold suitcases. It was something like $200.00. I can't remember the name, but check suitcase stores LOL Just a thought, Roots might have them too.

(A) Do you play the lottery?

AND

(B) Would you continue your career if you won?

I saw a really nice leather messanger bag at a store that sold suitcases. It was something like $200.00. I can't remember the name, but check suitcase stores LOL Just a thought, Roots might have them too.

(A) Do you play the lottery?

AND

(B) Would you continue your career if you won?

(a) No

(B) Yes. My career is worth much more than winning the lottery.

How do you like your wings?

(a) No

(B) Yes. My career is worth much more than winning the lottery.

How do you like your wings?

(side note - in my line of work, we'd get kicked out for winning any lottery with monetary value in excess of 3 million, I think. Dunno how they came up with aht number...)

Crispy and with a bit of spice. Dry cajun! Mmmmm. Although once in a while I like to punish my insides and taste some challenge wings. I don't think I've yet encountered challenge/super hot wings I haven't finished yet. Keeping it down 10 mins later.....that's a different story.

Favourite brand of instant noodles? (I LOVE nong shim kimchi noodles!)

I dont eat instant noodles, so i wouldn't know.

What do you think of online schooling?

Although I never tried it, I can see it playing an important role in education for those who are self-motivated, disciplined and self-directed learners. I would imagine it could play a role in my future development as a professional. For example, lawyers in some jurisdcitions use this method for mandatory continuing education of members of the Bar.

Is the studying getting to you as you are in countdown for end of the semester and finals, and if so, what is your coping strategy?

Although I never tried it, I can see it playing an important role in education for those who are self-motivated, disciplined and self-directed learners. I would imagine it could play a role in my future development as a professional. For example, lawyers in some jurisdcitions use this method for mandatory continuing education of members of the Bar.

Is the studying getting to you as you are in countdown for end of the semester and finals, and if so, what is your coping strategy?

Yes, I am definitely burning out.. sadly, my coping strategy is eating whatever I like, mcdonalds, donuts, pizza etc

When, if you do, will you start x-mas shopping?