Premed 101 Forums

New Bulletin board!!!

Guest Ian Wong MS2

Guest Ian Wong MS2

Hi everyone!

I'd been searching around for a while to find a better bulletin board than the old "Mycomputer.com" bulletin board that we'd all been using previously.

A couple of HUGE strengths of this bulletin board are:

1) The search feature. It's a big waste of time if you need to click through every message to find specific information. This way, you could search keywords such as: "MCAT", "OMSAS", "UBC", et cetera in order to find the information you want.

2) Constant refreshing. With the old board, posting a reply to an old message won't bring it back to the top of the screen. Therefore, if you find an old message that you wanted to discuss further, there wasn't any way to bring it to the top and make it visible without lots of copying and pasting.

Finally, as with the old program, you DON'T HAVE TO REGISTER. I think this is a huge point to remember in preserving confidentiality. All you need to post is your "User Name:" (and you can use an alias, nickname, or initials, whatever makes you comfortable) and a "Subject:" heading. I've successfully posted without needing a "Password:"

So, everyone please jump in, and I'll try to maintain a good presence on this board.

Ian, MS2

PS: My neuroanatomy block is drawing to a close in the next two weeks, so I'll have considerably more time to devote to contributing.

Archived