Premed 101 Forums

All You NEED to ACE the MMI (Posts, Articles, Books, DVDs, etc)

yugerry

There are plenty of individuals with accents/non-native English speakers in our class...and plenty of profs with accents...and plenty of interviewers who had accents over my rounds and rounds of interviews. It is more important that you make SENSE and express appropriate content in your interviews. Don't let your thinking be distracted by such matters. Just do your best.

Has anyone ever had experience with audio/Visual MMI stations? :confused:

Not sure what you mean. Are you refering to CASPER? Maybe calgary type questions with pics (obese kid)? Or it is when you communicate a pic to another candidate? Aside from these, I have never heard of audio/visual stations. If there is a specific school you are looking at maybe try posting on their boards?

On another note, I would like to thank you for taking the initiative to try to help MMI candidates this year. From the rating of this thread, its evident that some people dont respect your efforts, but I certainly do:) .

Edit: Can you add me as a practice group for Saskatchewan?

Contact person:simpsons

Name of Group:UofS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For what it's worth, I bought this and it was ok. I didn't particularly find Doing Right all that helpful, but it was an interesting read.

The one thing I did like about Rock the MMI is it just gives a bajillion different situations, and then you are asked to give your opinion and defend it. I would basically just get someone (parents, girlfriend, etc.) to read them to me, I would answer, and I would get them to play the other role, and ask probing questions. The topics didn't help so much as it was nice just getting used to that style of quick question --> choose a side --> defend

Bottom line w/t MMI's:

1) Don't be a huge Dbag....be yourself

2) Answer the question, rationally defend your answer, and refer to # 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I am bumping this thread because I will be updating the reviews for some of the prep books in this thread. If you have tried any of the prep material listed, please send me a PM with your review in the format of scoring system. So, if you have tried one of the books and you think it's super helpful for MMI prep you will just pm me: the name of the book and 5/5.

Thanks

Archived