Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS online Interview Scheduling

I just re-read the email and realized that it applies for all interviews. The reason I thought it was for IM was b/c the email mentions smthg abt IM specifically and also b/c of the timing....most IM invites/rejections will be out Jan 5/6th.

I hope this email is an indication of good things (ie: invites) to come!

This interview scheduling tool (http://dom.lhsc.on.ca/carms/) was co-created for all Internal Medicine programs across the country.

If one IM program is interested in interviewing the applicant, he/she will receive a notice to log on to schedule/confirm their interview. If multiple IM programs are inviting the applicant to an interview, multiple interview requests will appear after log-in.

A new feature has been added this year. McGill is using the service for all of its programs in the R-1 match. This is causing some confusion, since applicants receiving an interview request from a non-IM programs at McGill are assuming that this will be the only interview they will receive in that discipline across the country. This is not the case. All programs at medical schools, other than McGill, are still responsible for coordinating their interviews outside of this service.

Please note, this is not a CaRMS service.

Jim Boone

General Manager, CaRMS

mod edit: fixed link

This interview scheduling tool (http://dom.lhsc.on.ca/carms/) was co-created for all Internal Medicine programs across the country.

If one IM program is interested in interviewing the applicant, he/she will receive a notice to log on to schedule/confirm their interview. If multiple IM programs are inviting the applicant to an interview, multiple interview requests will appear after log-in.

A new feature has been added this year. McGill is using the service for all of its programs in the R-1 match. This is causing some confusion, since applicants receiving an interview request from a non-IM programs at McGill are assuming that this will be the only interview they will receive in that discipline across the country. This is not the case. All programs at medical schools, other than McGill, are still responsible for coordinating their interviews outside of this service.

Please note, this is not a CaRMS service.

Jim Boone

General Manager, CaRMS

mod edit: fixed link

Question: if you wee to have already scheduled your interview with the program at McGill, do you have to go through this service again?

When they say it will open on Jan. 6 for booking interviews, do they mean 12 a.m. on Jan 6 or sometime in the morning?

Wondering the same thing myself. I would guess that the following times are possibilities - 12am, 8am, 12pm - so I will be checking at those times but I have no idea what is more likely. Has anyone heard anything from last year?

I cant even sleep. I dont understand, I did electives at UofT they told me they will interview me, I got no Interview from them. But UoO and Manitoba send me Interviews and McG. I dont understand whats going on. This Year is so weird. I have so many poster presentation in Genetics, Geriatrics.......I dont know whats going on.

My CV has mistakes, my personal statement has typos. I swear if I match, it is like how I got my drivers licence and passed the red light. Still no accident or any tickets [knock on wood] but I will be a legend in my School I think. Everyone tells me no to stress, I really appreciate this. but really need to sleep, i hate being on call, I wish I never found this site.

I cant even sleep. I dont understand, I did electives at UofT they told me they will interview me, I got no Interview from them. But UoO and Manitoba send me Interviews and McG. I dont understand whats going on. This Year is so weird. I have so many poster presentation in Genetics, Geriatrics.......I dont know whats going on.

My CV has mistakes, my personal statement has typos. I swear if I match, it is like how I got my drivers licence and passed the red light. Still no accident or any tickets [knock on wood] but I will be a legend in my School I think. Everyone tells me no to stress, I really appreciate this. but really need to sleep, i hate being on call, I wish I never found this site.

Woah dude, seriously you need to relax. The overall match rate is >95%, and I gather that you have backed up with family med. Maybe just spend a little less time stressing out and a little more time working on your sentence structure and grammar before your interviews and something will work out.

Copied from emails and the online scheduler

The Interview Scheduling system at http://dom.lhsc.on.ca/carms does NOT include all Universities/Programs across Canada. I have added a link to show all the participating Universities/Programs on the web page. If the University/Program is not listed you will have to contact that university for your interview.

Each University/Program are responsible to activate their university to accept interview scheduling. Under the column Web Page Active? if it says No then you will not be able to click on the university name. If it says Yes then click on the unversity name and select your interview date/time.

If no universities are listed or a university you feel has or should be accepting you for an interview you must contact that university to select you as a candidate. The Internal Medicine programs will be activating their sites for interview selection at the end of the week other programs may activate on different days.

List of schools and programs using the online scheduler

The following Universities/Programs participate in our Interview Scheduling System.

IMPORTANT: If the University/Program is not listed you must contact them directly to book your interview.

This page lists the participating Universities/Programs and is NOT the web page to schedule your interviews which is the orginal page you log into.

University Program

McGill University Anatomical Pathology

McGill University Anesthesiology

McGill University Dermatology

McGill University Diagnostic Radiology

McGill University Emergency Medicine

McGill University General Surgery

University of Alberta Internal Medicine

University of Calgary - Internal Internal Medicine

Dalhousie University Internal Medicine

Dalhousie University - International Internal Medicine

The University of Western Ontario Internal Medicine

University of Western Ontario Internal Medicine

University of Manitoba Internal Medicine

McGill University - Jewish General Hospital Internal Medicine

McGill University - Montreal General Hospital Internal Medicine

McGill University - Royal Victoria Hospital Internal Medicine

McMaster University - CMG Applicants Only Internal Medicine

McMaster Waterloo Internal Medicine

Memorial University Internal Medicine

University of Ottawa Internal Medicine

Queen's University Internal Medicine

University of Saskatchewan Internal Medicine

University of Test Internal Medicine

University of Toronto Internal Medicine

University of British Columbia Internal Medicine

McGill University Neurology - Pediatric

McGill University Obstetrics & Gynecology

McGill University Ophthalmology

McGill University Orthopedic Surgery

McGill University Otolaryngology

McGill University Plastic Surgery

McGill University Psychiatry

McGill University Radiation Oncology

P.S. Anyone else notice the University of Test?

This is ridiculous, this has to be fake. Reading through Man_2ba's posts are quite entertaining, but come on buddy, enough is enough.

Copied from emails and the online scheduler

The Interview Scheduling system at http://dom.lhsc.on.ca/carms does NOT include all Universities/Programs across Canada. I have added a link to show all the participating Universities/Programs on the web page. If the University/Program is not listed you will have to contact that university for your interview.

Each University/Program are responsible to activate their university to accept interview scheduling. Under the column Web Page Active? if it says No then you will not be able to click on the university name. If it says Yes then click on the unversity name and select your interview date/time.

If no universities are listed or a university you feel has or should be accepting you for an interview you must contact that university to select you as a candidate. The Internal Medicine programs will be activating their sites for interview selection at the end of the week other programs may activate on different days.

List of schools and programs using the online scheduler

The following Universities/Programs participate in our Interview Scheduling System.

IMPORTANT: If the University/Program is not listed you must contact them directly to book your interview.

This page lists the participating Universities/Programs and is NOT the web page to schedule your interviews which is the orginal page you log into.

University Program

McGill University Anatomical Pathology

McGill University Anesthesiology

McGill University Dermatology

McGill University Diagnostic Radiology

McGill University Emergency Medicine

McGill University General Surgery

University of Alberta Internal Medicine

University of Calgary - Internal Internal Medicine

Dalhousie University Internal Medicine

Dalhousie University - International Internal Medicine

The University of Western Ontario Internal Medicine

University of Western Ontario Internal Medicine

University of Manitoba Internal Medicine

McGill University - Jewish General Hospital Internal Medicine

McGill University - Montreal General Hospital Internal Medicine

McGill University - Royal Victoria Hospital Internal Medicine

McMaster University - CMG Applicants Only Internal Medicine

McMaster Waterloo Internal Medicine

Memorial University Internal Medicine

University of Ottawa Internal Medicine

Queen's University Internal Medicine

University of Saskatchewan Internal Medicine

University of Test Internal Medicine

University of British Columbia Internal Medicine

McGill University Neurology - Pediatric

McGill University Obstetrics & Gynecology

McGill University Ophthalmology

McGill University Orthopedic Surgery

McGill University Otolaryngology

McGill University Plastic Surgery

McGill University Psychiatry

McGill University Radiation Oncology

P.S. Anyone else notice the University of Test?

Yeah I don't know why more people don't apply to UofT's (University of Test's) residency programs, its got to be one of the top schools in the country.

Woah dude, seriously you need to relax. The overall match rate is >95%, and I gather that you have backed up with family med. Maybe just spend a little less time stressing out and a little more time working on your sentence structure and grammar before your interviews and something will work out.

thank you, I will for sure, but i sincerely tell you thank you. I will stop stressing and focus.

Archived