Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

Guys I had a curious question

Are we allowed to drop a course after the drop dead line? And what happens if we do that?? Or are we pretty much forced to write the exam and finish the course once the drop deadline has passed.

Also, I took math 1505, but say I want to take the math 1013 and 1014, so you guys know what Happens? Cause I think in 1505, the exclusion is math 1013 and 1014, but math 1505 isn't an exclusion for te other two.

Finally, has anyone done a petition to drop a course ( you can pm if you want). I just wanna know how it works and the process.

Also wondering about this

I know a couple of friends who have done it, but I don't know details of the process (except for following instructions from their respective university for petitioning and providing documentation)

was going to post this.. now I'm definitely not staying to chill around there.

If I ever meet captaincrunchman, I'm buyin him a beer....

when I'm old enough to buy him a beer legally that is

Same. But I am legal.

Sorry, I loled after watching the video.

I don't think hes a york student tho.

"The suspect in the voyeurism cases is described as brown, age 20-25, 5'8"- 5' 9", 169-180 lbs with a thin face, a chin-strap beard, dark eyes and black hair. He was last seen wearing a grey knitted sweater, blue jeans, grey shiny sneakers with two straps and a grey toque."

Sounds like all of york to me..

"The suspect in the voyeurism cases is described as brown, age 20-25, 5'8"- 5' 9", 169-180 lbs with a thin face, a chin-strap beard, dark eyes and black hair. He was last seen wearing a grey knitted sweater, blue jeans, grey shiny sneakers with two straps and a grey toque."

LOL, funny, my friend just texted me that

Sounds like those dumasses that always hotbox the intermediate room between the back of CLH I and the balcony

Sounds like those dumasses that always hotbox the intermediate room between the back of CLH I and the balcony

Ugh, them. I got into a fight with one of those guys I think. I stayed in the library late at night and on my way to the busses, one came all the way from their house (I don't think some of them were students at york) and they asked if I could listen to a story and I politely said I'm in a rush and need to leave and they started swearing at me, calling me really ****ing dumb (I think I offended them) and I called them lowlives hahaha. Then his friend pulled him away and they left somewhere towards CLH.

Ugh, them. I got into a fight with one of those guys I think. I stayed in the library late at night and on my way to the busses, one came all the way from their house (I don't think some of them were students at york) and they asked if I could listen to a story and I politely said I'm in a rush and need to leave and they started swearing at me, calling me really ****ing dumb (I think I offended them) and I called them lowlives hahaha. Then his friend pulled him away and they left somewhere towards CLH.

LOL!

Once I had my break for psych class and I was going out on the balcony, naturally they're in that room smokin a blunt, so I walk past them and they were all staring me down, and the only thing I could think of was to say "Gentlemen." and nod my head politely.

Turns out brothas from da hood can take offence to "gentlemen".

True or not, I don't know but I heard that last year some girl was walking outta one of York's libraries holding her laptop and some guy came up to her, grabbed the laptop out of her hand and ran off

haha yeah I read that story in the excalibur... there were 3 laptop stolen that week... one of the laptops stolen was a new mac that the person had got the day before

LOL!

Once I had my break for psych class and I was going out on the balcony, naturally they're in that room smokin a blunt, so I walk past them and they were all staring me down, and the only thing I could think of was to say "Gentlemen." and nod my head politely.

Turns out brothas from da hood can take offence to "gentlemen".

Love that response, hahaha.

York M.Sc. student here trying for med...I know quite a large number of people who are in med & dental schools from here (3 of my students I've TAed in Canadian med schools, 4 friends in the Caribbean med schools, 2 more in Dental). Maybe it's the sheer number of students the school attracts? The bio dept is quite small for a school this large though, so this surprises me.

and hahaha I'm sorry I couldn't help laughing at this peeping tom loser. I wish he would've tried taking a photo under the stall with me in there... he would've gotten the swirlie of a lifetime...Although a random hand reaching under the stall with a cellphone isn't as bad as the girl who stands there and does a Jurassic Park T-Rex stare through the door crack to see if you are finished or not.

[On an serious note if anyone at York needs to get walked to their car/bus stop from 6pm-2am, GoSafe student security will walk you anywhere on campus - I use this service all the time]

Guys I had a curious question

Are we allowed to drop a course after the drop dead line? And what happens if we do that?? Or are we pretty much forced to write the exam and finish the course once the drop deadline has passed.

Also, I took math 1505, but say I want to take the math 1013 and 1014, so you guys know what Happens? Cause I think in 1505, the exclusion is math 1013 and 1014, but math 1505 isn't an exclusion for te other two.

Finally, has anyone done a petition to drop a course ( you can pm if you want). I just wanna know how it works and the process.

From the York website:

"You can drop courses using the registration and enrolment system up until the drop deadline. After that, you will receive a grade for the course."

Not sure about the petition process, best bet is to go to the undergrad Bio office and ask.

I looked up MATH 1013 and 1014, it does have 1505 listed as a Course Credit Exclusion, so I don't believe you'll get any credits for doing 1013/1014 if you've already done 1505. Just wondering also why you want to bother taking 1013/1014 if you've already done the required math?

From the York website:

"You can drop courses using the registration and enrolment system up until the drop deadline. After that, you will receive a grade for the course."

Not sure about the petition process, best bet is to go to the undergrad Bio office and ask.

I looked up MATH 1013 and 1014, it does have 1505 listed as a Course Credit Exclusion, so I don't believe you'll get any credits for doing 1013/1014 if you've already done 1505. Just wondering also why you want to bother taking 1013/1014 if you've already done the required math?

Just keep options open.. 1013 and 14 for pharmacy. But I don't think I'll do something like that. Waste of money..

LOL it was a very emotional lecture for me actually because I have many stupid "friends" that believe in pseudoscientific crap

Hahahaha, well considering you think everyone's stupid, it looks like you're just going to have to get used to it :P

On a side note, I feel stupid b/c I jokingly made fun of that guy I told you about in our chem for saying he got an E (since I didn't think an E exists), but it does :o lol I feel bad

Hahahaha, well considering you think everyone's stupid, it looks like you're just going to have to get used to it :P

On a side note, I feel stupid b/c I jokingly made fun of that guy I told you about in our chem for saying he got an E (since I didn't think an E exists), but it does :o lol I feel bad

thats a bit harsh ...

I wasn't making fun of him b/c he got an E I was making fun of him (jokingly) b/c I didn't know there was such thing as an E, - thought he was making it up lol

I know it was harsh though, I aplogizd to him ))

:) ! ya an E is only for the YorkU average, as apparently its worth 1 point... i guess thats the only reason its better then an F.

Is the Health Management program hard at York, should i try for Bio or BioMed in the fall. I understand im being redundant and spamming but I need all the help i can get and urgently

Currently at UOIT in HS program, easy 3.9 or higher, 5 hr commute= bothersome.

why don't you just live on campus if you don't like the commute? I think if you are going to commut to UoIT every day, it would be very troublesome especially in the winter with unreliable buses.. easier and even cheaper to just live on campus.

I only know one person in health management and they are not a premed

Is the Health Management program hard at York, should i try for Bio or BioMed in the fall. I understand im being redundant and spamming but I need all the help i can get and urgently

Currently at UOIT in HS program, easy 3.9 or higher, 5 hr commute= bothersome.

I looked at your other post, and your GPA is quite low - have you checked if its acceptable for transfer purposes? I think you need a C+ average minimum, not sure what that works out GPA-wise. Also, if you intend on tranferring into Bio/biomed, you will need to take the Cell Bio/Biochem, which are 2nd year courses, to take pretty much any upper year bio course. That might set you back a fair bit (since you are in 3rd yr already at UOIT). I do not think they allow entry in the summer, its only Fall (but I may be mistaken), so you may not be able to take cell bio/biochem this summer. I suggest doing what bored said and to live on campus instead at UOIT.