Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

Of all the courses I've had this year I find that one to be the easiest/most straightforward to study for. Just read the notes, then find the topics covered in the text (you can usually identify them byt he pictures as you flip through the chapter) and read those if your notes don't make sense, rinse and repeat. Really no other way of studying for it, nothing to understand really just pure memorization. You may just be feeling the residual "there must be more!" from last semester, but I think what you described is legitimately all there is to this course.

Then again I really like cell bio so I remember most of the stuff from the lectures so my study methods might suck for you..

Thanks MeGusta, I appreciate the advice. You're totally right about the "there must be more!" feeling. It's just the notes we write down for BIOL2021 seem really almost too condensed or too simple for her to make exam questions out of them:/

I hope she doesn't ask any confusing MC questions like A-G lol

Thanks MeGusta, I appreciate the advice. You're totally right about the "there must be more!" feeling. It's just the notes we write down for BIOL2021 seem really almost too condensed or too simple for her to make exam questions out of them:/

I hope she doesn't ask any confusing MC questions like A-G lol

It's just like biol 1000. Honestly the textbook goes into about just as much detail as the prof does (what she says, not the 3 word headlines she writes on the overhead)- I actually never look up at the projector, just write down what she says, I hope you're doing the same.

I'm starting to think that this is just about how much has been figured out about the fine details of how cells work- understandably so, the techniques are quite medival.

Has anyone had their first Genetics tutorial yet? Just wanted to know if there is a quiz to study for or not. Thanks :)

There's no quiz this week, I think they start next week.

Hey. This is going to sound incredibly condesceding but I just transferred here and I'm having trouble finding people who, well, don't fit the York stereotype. lol

Where should I go to meet like-minded people, like you guys? Should I go to PASS for chem? I don't really need to but is that where the driven go?

I'm in first year btw. Thanks.

Hey. This is going to sound incredibly condesceding but I just transferred here and I'm having trouble finding people who, well, don't fit the York stereotype. lol

Where should I go to meet like-minded people, like you guys? Should I go to PASS for chem? I don't really need to but is that where the driven go?

Of course you are..

just hang around Bethune College, but you'll miss out on some cool people despite them not being "like-minded"

Idiots?

Actually some of the dumbest people are the ones that go to PASS for obvious reasons. The PASS tutors are generally clueless themselves (sorry whichever pass tutors are reading this), the only times I've ever gone there was to get hte practice tests (That the tutors couldn't solve LOL) and leave.

The smarter/motivated kids are super annoying, they usually sit at the front and shout out answers to the professor so they'll get noticed. They're also competitive and more likely to be snakes.

Why do you even want to meet driven people?

Ps. I hope you keep posting about if you're happy with your decision to transfer to york, I'm really curious to know.

My birth year apologizes?

(The arrogance is strong in the following. It also apologizes)

I'm just driven by competition and I was in the gifted program so coming to university was a bit of a shock. lol

You came to york from a gifted program expecting competition........

well I got news for you sister

^^ Well, in high school, they scare you into believing that you'll become just another fish in university.

I do like York so far though. The admin is very pleasant, as are the profs. The guys are nicer to me than the girls lol.

I ****ing hate pre-med girls (except the ones that post on this forum :D ). They are nothing but attitude.

I think the worst combination is a premed girl sitting in the front row. Good luck talking to that biatch :D

I'm sure there are exceptions though.

I ****ing hate pre-med girls (except the ones that post on this forum :D ). They are nothing but attitude.

I think the worst combination is a premed girl sitting in the front row. Good luck talking to that biatch :D

I'm sure there are exceptions though.

its not the girls its just the fact that they're premed and have absolutely no social skills nor do they care to socialize lol.

Ugh I cant believe these are our doctors too though

Lol are they at least pretty and stuck up? The guys are nice but all they seem to have on their mind it flirting. ._. If you saw me, you'd probably lump me in with stuck up girls based on initial impressions lol.

I'm a bio major.

He's right they're actually pretty stuck up, not just superficially from afar or anything. It's not to say that they're particularly bad people, maybe that's just their response to the stress they put themselves under.