Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

Anyone's ever had NGR on their transcript change to an actual grade after? Don't know if I should contact the prof about this or wait till it updates itself!! She's already posted final marks and everything but I see NGR on my transcript.

The grades update within minutes, but it's happened to me before that an NGR showed up on my transcript, the teacher was just lazy and took his sweet time submitting the marks (it finally came through like 3 weeks after the final marks were out). Ask your friends in the same class if they have a grade on their transcript, if they don't have NGR's then contact the prof. Otherwise just wait.

Not a yorkie pre-med yet... deciding between york and uoft for pre-med.

Which program at york?

Go to York. Save yourself the hassle that comes with maintaining a high GPA at UT.

The 100 people that dropped out of my program this year thought the same thing a few years ago

The grades update within minutes, but it's happened to me before that an NGR showed up on my transcript, the teacher was just lazy and took his sweet time submitting the marks (it finally came through like 3 weeks after the final marks were out). Ask your friends in the same class if they have a grade on their transcript, if they don't have NGR's then contact the prof. Otherwise just wait.

Will do. Thanks

Go to York. Save yourself the hassle that comes with maintaining a high GPA at UT.

You just have to make sure you line up early when they hand out those A+s, otherwise you'll end up with As only.

Only 100? I'm pretty sure at least half (around 1000) people are getting kicked out (forcefully) out of western biomed, only from first year. I'm only guessing that the number is greater for U of T.

It seems to me that the only real course at york is organic chemistry, in which students that usually get A+'s suddenly get C's and D's. Must feel bad having to take one real course in your whole undergraduate career. Booohooooo your courses get curved to 70s when your admission average is high 70s/low 80s, which is abysmal compared to other universities. That's like mcmaster health science courses getting curved to 90% because their admission average is 95%, which is 15% higher.

Considering the amount of retards at western, I can't even imagine what kind of students york takes in.

Brilliant point you win

York isn't difficult, however it isn't easy either. Check the ratemyprofessors ratings for every professor in the Biology department, and then come and tell me York is a walk in the park.

Same can be said about any other university.

It's funny how someone mentioned uwo biomed that had class averages of 75-80% even in first and second year courses. York and UofT and many other universities have first and second year class averages in the 60's... so stop complaining!

York isn't difficult, however it isn't easy either. Check the ratemyprofessors ratings for every professor in the Biology department, and then come and tell me York is a walk in the park.

No University will just hand you A+s like in highschool. You will have to study something. The difference is that some universities test much harder than others. U of T's level of testing, from what I've seen, is head and shoulders above Yorks. I look at my brothers Bio exams and I honestly laugh. His electives are even easier. Again, this isn't to say he doesn't have to study, but he can have a surface understanding and still get a low 70. With U of T, a surface understanding is barely a pass, and at best 60%.

People hating on York are only jealous cos they lost their social life when attempting to get their 4.0s.

There's facts, then there's pure anger stemming from so many posts. This comes from a place of hurt. Poor babies.

Not

Good rationalization bro. Too bad it doesn't hold up.

it's funny how not a single first year course i took had an average above 75%

i think you missed the point of my post. normally i would tell you to reread my post but since i know york students cannot do this, let me explain this in words that a york student may understand: YOU CANNOT COMPARE COURSE AVERAGES BETWEEN UNIVERSITIES THAT HAVE SIGNIFICANTLY DIFFERENT ADMISSION AVERAGES.

ok i hope you understand now

it was fun

Whatever dude. You cheated on an exam.

No University will just hand you A+s like in highschool. You will have to study something. The difference is that some universities test much harder than others. U of T's level of testing, from what I've seen, is head and shoulders above Yorks. I look at my brothers Bio exams and I honestly laugh. His electives are even easier. Again, this isn't to say he doesn't have to study, but he can have a surface understanding and still get a low 70. With U of T, a surface understanding is barely a pass, and at best 60%.

You're wrong. They literally hand out A+s at York. You just have to line up early.

Whatever man, this head-to-head comparison of U of T and York has been going on for a long time on this forum. At the end of the day, people should attend a school where they'll feel comfortable at. In a sense, U of T might be harder than York but it probably isn't a big difference in the grand scheme of things. Hardworking and good students should be able to excel at U of T, and likewise poor students shouldn't expect to become superstars at York overnight.

I already conceded that York isn't just a breeze. It's still University. I simply said that relatively, from what I've seen, it's easy compared to another school.

You're an idiot.

It's a breeze for me to get A+s at York while you have to bust your ass off to get an A at UT. I think you are the dumbass here for not knowing that med schools don't care which university you did your undergrad in, so you went ahead and picked UT, thinking prestige means anything when it comes to getting a useless piece of paper at the end.

No hard feelings bro :)

It's a breeze for me to get A+s at York while you have to bust your ass off to get an A at UT. I think you are the dumbass here for not knowing that med schools don't care which university you did your undergrad in, so you went ahead and picked UT, thinking prestige means anything when it comes to getting a useless piece of paper at the end.

No hard feelings bro :)

Don't be mad son. It's Ok. *Pats your head*.

LMAO. You know when someone's burning when they turn it around. It's all good bro. Study hard or come to York and chill :D

*facepalm*

Do you actually believe these delusions you make up to protect your lame self esteem?

You made a stupid joke and I called you an idiot for it. Relax. It's ok. *pats your head again*

P.S. Saying LMAO doesn't make it seem like you're actually laughing. It actually looks like you're trying hard to project confidence. Just sayin.

What year bio?

Post some of your UofT exams, I'll post some of mine

*facepalm*

Do you actually believe these delusions you make up to protect your lame self esteem?

You made a stupid joke and I called you an idiot for it. Relax. It's ok. *pats your head again*

P.S. Saying LMAO doesn't make it seem like you're actually laughing. It actually looks like you're trying hard to project confidence. Just sayin.

You're right. I wasn't actually laughing. I was ROFLMFAO.

btw, took you 6 minutes to think off that last "point" which tells me you are thinking too hard. You know when you tend to think too hard? when you are mad :D

And what delusions are you talking about? The fact that York is easier than UT? The fact that I get the grades I need with ease while you bust your ass off to get the same marks? You got a 100% and had to advertise it publicly. Are you seriously going to talk to me about self esteem and confidence? LMFAO (actually just LOL to be exact).