Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

With the Ontario government at such a large deficit and the already increased medical school spots at already existing Medical schools, I don't see it happening anytime soon. Though I wouldn't mind another medical school in Toronto.

I know lol, that's not what I was trying to get across though aha, I'm sure every premed would like another medical school in Toronto :P

Only at york university would that happen lol. Thanks for sharing!

Another video which represents a large majority of the york population:

[/QUOTte]

I need to know some people that pull fire alarms for cash.

LOL I honestly think some people would do it without the cash haha... in all seriousness though, I actually don't think that would be too hard to do, I'm sure for every class there's atleast a certain % of people who are secretly hoping for the alarm to be pulled (myself included for a few exams lmao), but there are other times where I've felt the exact opposite

I've also met several people who have actually pulled fire alarms and even got other people to write their exams for them for free... being in my first year I was pretty shocked to hear that lol

Only at york university would that happen lol. Thanks for sharing!

Another video which represents a large majority of the york population:

[/QUOTte]

I need to know some people that pull fire alarms for cash.

lol they actually caught someone pulling a fire alarm last month... It was in the security bulletin on the york website.

LOL I honestly think some people would do it without the cash haha... in all seriousness though, I actually don't think that would be too hard to do, I'm sure for every class there's atleast a certain % of people who are secretly hoping for the alarm to be pulled (myself included for a few exams lmao), but there are other times where I've felt the exact opposite

I've also met several people who have actually pulled fire alarms and even got other people to write their exams for them for free... being in my first year I was pretty shocked to hear that lol

how do you get other people to write your exams? they check your id...

Haha, oh my god. A prof. told me it doesn't really matter if people pull fire alarms. They usually bring back everyone in as soon as possible and especially for long 3 hour final exams, there is plenty of time to finish the exam even if we had 2-3 fire alarms LOL.

for psyc, there was a fire alarm during the year of the strike, and the prof made them write the exam all over again... i.e. they got a new scantron... and psyc1010 has 90 MCQ!!

For psych 1010 they don't check IDs.

There was also a guy who came in to sit for the exam and ran out with the exam paper and got away unfortunately.

They used to check it when I took psyc 1010... they HAVE to check it... its just not possible.

and whose class is this? Jubis has TAs @ the doors... (profs aren't that dumb).

how do you get other people to write your exams? they check your id...

For psych 1010 they don't check IDs.

There was also a guy who came in to sit for the exam and ran out with the exam paper and got away unfortunately.

Lol that happened in Dr. Mongrain's class too... now that is something that i don't understand b/c I think that is avoidable and unsurprising sinceshe said it's happened before

And actually the guy who told me about this did have his ID checked..he gave the guy his ID and said they checked, but barely, but he was beside the fire alarm watching while they were being ID'd so that he can pull it incase anything did happen lol.. apparently it was stressful, but paid off when he got his mark back for the exam haha