Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Curi0user

"Security" check

I'm kind of freaking out a little bit because when you type my name into google, a few posts I made on facebook appear (from 5 years ago! when I was 14) and although they say nothing bad on it at all, the groups themselves are really stupid and immature.

I can't even delete it because it won't give me that option at all. Reporting it as spam/abuse won't work.

Howww screwed am I?

I wouldn't worry about it but anything on the internet is there forever, including all our posts here.

But my names never tied to any sites, except facebook. This scares me alot because I was a huge blabbermouth when I was younger, lol.

I wouldn't worry about it but anything on the internet is there forever, including all our posts here.

That's untrue. If you delete something from a facebook group wall/comment section then after a few months google will re-crawl the page and then when you search your name the page won't show. Lol I google my name every few months to see what facebook has been leaking.

I was actually wondering this same thing today. My facebook should be fine, however if you google my name I have occasionally written "letters to the editor" of a newspaper, and they all show up. Nothing terrible, I mean it is just my opinion :rolleyes: ... but I wouldn't want someone in admissions to google and strongly disagree with me or something :eek: Do you think I am fine or should I try and get them removed?

Nah I personally wouldn't worry about it, especially since you said it wasn't bad. When I was 13, I stupidly signed for this twilight fan forum under my real name--and all I did was have amateur discussions with people about how Edward Cullen is better than Jacob Black O__O so so so ashamed!! I got a mod to delete the account but the posts are still there. Doubt whatever you're worried about is worse than that!!

That story made my day :P

The myth of admissions people check facebook is ACTUALLY true to some degree. I actually know people from there that check facebook. Not exactly a myth. :(

It's not a myth. Some of them will and residency programs may check too in the future. Be careful what you post. Delete old immature postings and eventually google should update with the new info.

No, one of them was a group about how uploading pictures of you smoking (weed) is lame and I commented saying something like "sometimes people happen to be smoking in pictures, its no reason to delete a pic" but this worries me the most because it gives off the impression that Im one of them and im not! wahhh im so scared and I cannot delete it! the only thing available is a cached version of it. The page doesnt exist apparently.

No, one of them was a group about how uploading pictures of you smoking (weed) is lame and I commented saying something like "sometimes people happen to be smoking in pictures, its no reason to delete a pic" but this worries me the most because it gives off the impression that Im one of them and im not! wahhh im so scared and I cannot delete it! the only thing available is a cached version of it. The page doesnt exist apparently.

change your facebook name to a fake name, so those posts will be under the same name. mark victor roberts can become the dutch sounding markus van robsen in a few seconds ... similar enough that your friends don't delete you during their next friend purge, different enough that it'll be a bit more of a pain for anyone whose opinion matters to find you.

change your facebook name to a fake name, so those posts will be under the same name. mark victor roberts can become the dutch sounding markus van robsen in a few seconds ... similar enough that your friends don't delete you during their next friend purge, different enough that it'll be a bit more of a pain for anyone whose opinion matters to find you.

I did, it shows my old name :( lol