Premed 101 Forums

Dating and Med School

Guest KG06

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think cockiness is a terrible, terrible personality trait. CONFIDENCE is what I personally think is much more attractive, and a more beneficial trait to have in general. I think good advice for everything in life is to know your strengths and your weaknesses as well. If you're comfortable with who you are, and are confident without being cocky, you will end up attracting girls who genuinely appreciate who you are, and are better suited to your actual personality. Of course, I'm a long-term relationship kind of guy...if you're trying to pick up at a bar, looking for a one night stand...then I can understand the whole cocky thing. Not my scene, though.

well said. Cockiness is the equivalent of buying a Ferrari to make up for our short-comings (no pun intended).

I think cockiness is a terrible, terrible personality trait. CONFIDENCE is what I personally think is much more attractive, and a more beneficial trait to have in general. I think good advice for everything in life is to know your strengths and your weaknesses as well. If you're comfortable with who you are, and are confident without being cocky, you will end up attracting girls who genuinely appreciate who you are, and are better suited to your actual personality. Of course, I'm a long-term relationship kind of guy...if you're trying to pick up at a bar, looking for a one night stand...then I can understand the whole cocky thing. Not my scene, though.

agreed.....

Yea in response to the last comment, one night stands are what I was talking abt.... long-term "real" relationships are not my forte :rolleyes:

soooo one night stands are...:confused:

oh and Wolvenstar, I think by repeatedly coming back here and posting that your either cocky or your not based on what everyone else is saying, it shows your trying to prove something to yourself (because frankly, the rest of us don't really know you anyways). Im not trying to call you out on anything, just sounds like maybe your not as sure of yourself as you might think....and cockiness is always a good way of hiding something.

oh and Wolvenstar, I think by repeatedly coming back here and posting that your either cocky or your not based on what everyone else is saying, it shows your trying to prove something to yourself (because frankly, the rest of us don't really know you anyways). Im not trying to call you out on anything, just sounds like maybe your not as sure of yourself as you might think....and cockiness is always a good way of hiding something.

I think you're definetly calling him out! K. I'll stop instigating. Lol. I just like fooling around. That and word on the street was that people were talking about one-night stands, so I was curious. :P. Didn't know you hard studying pre-meds were like that. Lol.

If I found out that a guy I liked had previously had a one-night stand, it would be a complete turn-off. Don't share that info with ladies that you are interested in :)

The funny thing is that it would turn others on...I assume what jives one girl doesn't another. Who knows...oh, if only all of us guys could know what was going on in the mind of a woman, 24/7, a lot of things in the world would be solved. Lol.

The funny thing is that it would turn others on...I assume what jives one girl doesn't another. Who knows...oh, if only all of us guys could know what was going on in the mind of a woman, 24/7, a lot of things in the world would be solved. Lol.

I think guys' heads would explode if that happened.

I meant that I wouldn't be attracted to a guy who is throwing that information around because he thinks it makes him sound like a ladies man. Obviously if it turned into a serious relationship then it would be a good idea to find out their sexual history. If I found out at that point, it would probably make me think twice about the person I was with (unless they expressed their regret over it) Just my opinion. I'm sure there are some girls who might be all for the idea of a one-night stand!

I think all previous sexual relationships need to be disclosed to your intimate partner - even if they were one night stands. I plan to disclose all of mine to my partner and I expect the same in return.

I could agree to that, to an extent. Mostly to the extent of whether the significant other needs to worry about STDs or children/pregancy. Otherwise really, I don't want to know the details of it. There has only been a few girls that I was comfortable enough not to get turned off by her talking about her ex's that their details. Unless it's important to you to let your partner know about any inexperience or complications that have arisen in the past, it really shouldn't matter.

Your significant other should care about you for who you are, not how many people you have had sexual relations with.

Lol SpanishFly your opinion has been duely noted and tossed away.

I think you're definetly calling him out! K. I'll stop instigating. Lol. I just like fooling around. That and word on the street was that people were talking about one-night stands, so I was curious. :P. Didn't know you hard studying pre-meds were like that. Lol.

hahaha neither did I.

I would definitely need to know about my woman's sexual history. Personally, a woman who has had over 2 sexual partners is already off my marriage list. I know it's a bit traditional, but I'm totally into women who are careful with who they sleep with. The number of partners a woman has had says a lot about her personality. It's a HUGE deal for me. In my experience, most of my girlfriends who have had many sexual partners are very insecure and desperate (this is not always the case though).

As for one-night stands, definitely not my thing. Some women think that all men are into one-nighters. Simply not the case. If I found out a girl has had one, she won't have a chance with me...unless I sense some MAJOR major regret.

Zuck

I would definitely need to know about my woman's sexual history. Personally, a woman who has had over 2 sexual partners is already off my marriage list. I know it's a bit traditional, but I'm totally into women who are careful with who they sleep with. The number of partners a woman has had says a lot about her personality. It's a HUGE deal for me. In my experience, most of my girlfriends who have had many sexual partners are very insecure and desperate (this is not always the case though).

As for one-night stands, definitely not my thing. Some women think that all men are into one-nighters. Simply not the case. If I found out a girl has had one, she won't have a chance with me...unless I sense some MAJOR major regret.

Zuck

lol that sounds a bit chauvinistic.

Zuck

Wow, two partners and she's off your list. I get what you're saying though and would agree with ur reasoning, but do you think that's a bit idealistic? Lol. I mean, the percentage of untouched (virgin) or slightly touched women on campus I think...and I'm just throwing this out there, is like way less than 20% (was was gonna say less than 10 or 5% but I realized that I lived in rez, so there's a bias). So there is a small pool of them like that. Maybe we should take a poll to get the exact numbers. :P. I joke ppl.

Zuck

Lol, I still wish I never had that one nighter, even if I don't remember it at all.

Serious though Zuck, I want to know what happens if your don't find your wife till your 28, and she is of similar age. Do you really expect her to have had only 2 sexual partners then?

I have slept with all of my girlfriends since I was 16. Mind you the shortest relationship out of these was 6 months. On average, it seems that my relationships get to the comfort level where we can start having sexual relations at 2-3 months, if I am taking it slow. This is then the average I figure for most relationships.

So if a is willing to wait a while and not sleep with her new man on the first night, what is the problem? Every relationship will reach a comfort level where each person is trusting enough. You can't fault a person for trusting the one they were in a relationship with at that time.

As for virgins...I dated one once, we had relations....I think I would much rather someone who has experience being in a relationship and knows what they want.

Wow, this thread definately took a fork in the road since I last posted in it. Hmmm what can I say but at some point in the relationsihp especially in a long-term one, people will have to cross the..."So what number am I" question. I think that if one is really comfortable with your partner where no ill or hurt feelings would come from it or better yet, if both partners are mature enough to divulge that type of information then I don't see much harm in it. It's when it's discussed when both partners are not ready is when people run into problem. I think most sensible people in a communicative relationship should discuss it (but of course not in any gory detail). It shows that you are willing to let that person in and become intimate on a more personal level.

cheers!

Dr. E77

Well, there are many many women who don't sleep around. I can spot them pretty easily too. You can tell by their personality and often even by their physical features. I find shy, baby-faced, conscientious women are far less promiscuous. This is my exact type of woman. It's funny, because I seem to be the exact type for these women too (from experience). I know I can find these women easily because I've dated several of them.

Zuck

Well, there are many many women who don't sleep around. I can spot them pretty easily too. You can tell by their personality and often even by their physical features. I find shy, baby-faced, conscientious women are far less promiscuous. This is my exact type of woman. It's funny, because I seem to be the exact type for these women too (from experience). I know I can find these women easily because I've dated several of them.

Zuck

hahaha

thats a hilarious comment...

its true that eventually all relationships go through this. No one wants to hear the details of previous sexual trysts, but a knowledge of your partner's sexual history is a sign of trust between you and your partner.

The important thing is not to judge. Ultimately, if one can't bear being number 15 or 20 then they probably should break up with the person - but most people in their 20's have had a few sexual partners in this day and age and some quid pro quo is required on both sides.

2 is setting your bar pretty high, but that is just my humble opinion. You seem to be doing fine so this is all just interesting discussion

I think I'm the eternal optimist and insist on seeing the best in people - perhaps just setting myself up for disappointment. If a guy has had previous sexual relationships, as his gf, I wouldn't like to know abt them unless he was hurt or wants to get something off his chest - I'm there for all his emotional needs in that case. I guess I would find it nice that he is able to talk to me abt these things since guys don't really want to.

I think I've been through the phase of one-nighters to now looking for something long-term... many people have phases that they need to grow out of. Using the past to judge the present of someone who has moved on since then is unfair in my opinion.

Alright, fair enough. I was sorta debating this earlier as well....really, yeah, I don't care how many the girl I'm with has been through, just so long as shes honest. Thats really the bigger concern I find, honesty. And I mean in all aspects of a relationship. There are people who are surprised on my stance that if a girl can't voice her liking me that I won't date her; the way I see it, she can't be honest about her emotions to me for me, then how can a relationship work?

Archived