Premed 101 Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nowiveseen

Has anyone gotten rejected for the MD program at AUA (Antigua) due to a low GPA?

My GPA is likeright now and I just finished 4th year. (I had some personal problems the last few years)

I don't have an MCAT score.

And I have a Skype interview with AUA next week.

Do you think with a GPA and no MCAT, they'll reject me from the MD program and instead tell me to go to their "pre-med" program?

Anybody here have personal experience with AUA acceptances/rejections?

Thanks for the input.

I doubt anyone can answer your question but you should go over to ValueMD and ask there.

As for your app, are you sure it was personal problems that caused you to have a 2.8 GPA and that isn't just a convenient excuse? Not trying to be rude, but without some proof that you have what it takes to succeed at medical school I would hesitate to go abroad. I apologize for the unsolicited advice but I thought I'd just give you some things to consider before you make such a huge and risky commitment.

I doubt anyone can answer your question but you should go over to ValueMD and ask there.

As for your app, are you sure it was personal problems that caused you to have a 2.8 GPA and that isn't just a convenient excuse? Not trying to be rude, but without some proof that you have what it takes to succeed at medical school I would hesitate to go abroad. I apologize for the unsolicited advice but I thought I'd just give you some things to consider before you make such a huge and risky commitment.

Totally agree. It is extremely expensive to go abroad and it is very, very difficult to come back. You have to be extremely motivated and driven and then have to jump through many, many hurdles to find your way into clinical practice. Not looking to put you down, but to stress the challenges you will be facing and give you some food for thought.

My GPA is like 2.8 right now and I just finished 4th year. (I had some personal problems the last few years)

I don't have an MCAT score.

And I have a Skype interview with AUA next week.

Do you think with a 2.8 GPA and no MCAT, they'll reject me from the MD program and instead tell me to go to their "pre-med" program?

Anybody here have personal experience with AUA acceptances/rejections?

Thanks for the input.

How about starting a second UG and applying at home and the US? It's always better than going to the Caribbean and ruining yourself and your future.