Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Accepted

Timestamp: 8:18

GPA: 3.89

VR: 10

Interview: Overall, felt pretty good, but as mentioned by others, felt that it was hard to tell how my answers were received.

Very excited for this acceptance!

Edit: I will be declining this offer. I hope that this news provides more hope for those on the waitlist. Best of luck.

Accepted

Time-stamp: 8:21 am

GPA: 3.98

VR: 11

Interview: Did not feel like it went well - I was sick with a cold and really tired from taking the red-eye, and I felt like the interviewers were very good at not showing what they thought of you, which makes it hard to gauge.

Accepted

Time-stamp: 8:14

GPA: 3.99

VR: 9

Interview: couldn't really tell. There were definitely some serious blunders I thought I made. But I was so tired I couldn't really gauge at all

CASPer: I liked my Casper but felt the same as my interview. Couldn't tell.

This just gives people hope who get a 9 inVR that it is possible to get into McMaster!!!!!

Accepted

Time-stamp: 8:12
GPA: 3.96
VR: 10
Interview: I was 100% sure I got rejected right after the interview. At one point I said that we were in Toronto, realized we weren't, and said "wait no we're in Hamilton! Sorry, I forget where I am sometimes" and then chuckled like an idiot while the interviewer practically rolled her eyes. I also zoned out while reading one question and then walked inside and admitted that I totally zoned out and proceeded to just sit there and actually read the question. I also ran out of time on every single station, if you're reading this in 2016 and worrying about how you got cut off mid sentence on a station or two. 

When it comes down to it, I really think they want to see how well you can philosophize. My philosophy profs would've killed the MMI 
CASPer: It went okay I guess

Accepted to Hamilton Campus

Time-stamp: 8:21am
GPA: 3.81
Interview: Had several great stations, but a couple of okay stations. Thought the interview was a lot of fun though and felt fairly good about it. 

CASPer: Thought it was good experience, had fun with it and was happy with most of my answers. 

Accepted
Time-stamp: 8:17
GPA: 3.74
VR: 9
CASPer: I was honest about how I would handle situations and used my experience to back up why I thought it was the right choice.

Interview: Thought it went great. Didn't feel like I had a bad station.

I am unbelievably excited and this should give hope to everyone with a lower GPA and VR. Anything is possible.

Will most likely be turning down this offer in favour of UofT. Hopefully this makes someone else as excited as I was today.

Wait listed

Time: 8:32 AM

CGPA: 3.53

VR: 13

Interview: I have been overthinking too much to be a fair judge. I had fun, messed up a few stations I think and did well in others.

Fingers crossed and hoping for the best. I feel nauseous at the prospects of having to wait for an indefinite period but it's better than a rejection

Accepted (!!!)
Time-stamp: 8:20
GPA: 3.97 or so  (bachelors + masters) 
MMI: Felt pretty good right after and didn't bomb any station in particular but those post-interview doubts creep in! Much better than my previous MMIs.... practice was key. 

This is my third app cycle after never getting past the interview stage including post interview regrets from Mac last year. This year I had one app, one interview and one acceptance.... I was just about ready to give up. I consider myself a non-trad with a background in allied health and a few years work experience. 

Absolutely pumped! 

Accepted to Hamilton

Time-stamp: 8:32AM

3rd yr UG
GPA: 3.94
Interview: Really hard to say, but overall I felt it went meh. Some stations went smoothly, but others not so much :P

I'll most likely be declining in favour of another school. In that case, best of luck wait-listers!