Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Lorae

I'm an Alberta resident with a BScN (nursing). This was my second time applying to Mac and I was accepted. Here are my numbers:

CGPA: 3.79

MCAT: 32R

PS: 9

VR: 10

BS: 13

I'm still waiting on Toronto, but I've decided to attend Calgary!

Guest MDHopeful04

Hi,

I got into MAC

-Went to Waterloo, graduated from Systems Design Engineering with a specialization in Water Resources

-No MCAT

-GPA = 3.86

-Ontario resident

-Interviewed on April 3rd

-MAC is my first (and only) choice (didn't apply elsewhere)

Guest CommerceStudent

Hi MDHopeful

Congrats on your acceptance! I'm interested in applying to Mac for next year and was just wondering about your extracurriculars...could you tell me a bit about your volunteer experience, etc? Also, who did you select for your references and were they mainly university profs? As a non lifesci type student, was there anything you mentioned in particular that you feel made your application especially strong? Thanks a lot!

CS

Guest Taryn2

I am an Ontario resident who recently finsihed a Masters degree in Health Studies at the University of Waterloo. My GPA was 3.79.

I didn't write the MCAT.

I was accepted by McMaster. This is my third time applying (but first time interviewing) to this school. Of all the schools I applied to I would like to attend McMaster as my first choice.

Taryn

Guest MDHopeful04

Hi CommerceStudent,

For EC activities, the main thing is badminton for me. I played on the UW varsity team last year, and have been coaching youths for several years already.

I did some research, at a hospital, as well as at UW in Engineering.

Because of my CO-OP work experience, I managed to go to Finland for 3 months. That was a great learning opportunity, which I had mentioned in application/interview.

My references - 1 prof, 1 health care professional (not a doctor), 1 person from society (church-related).

Hope this helps. All the best!

MDHopeful04

Guest CalicoKal

I got rejected from Mac. I'm a GTA girl, did a humanities degree at Queen's, MCAT was solid, average 88%, primary author of a case report, lots of work with a surgeon, volunteered a ton, lots of group work, leadership etc...

Mac and UofT were my top choices (waitlisted at UofT). Rejected without interview at Queen's and Ottawa, and waitlisted at UWO.

Guest hoomsy

Hi,

Rejected from Mac. International applicant from the US. 3.92 GPA from McGill University in Chemistry. I did my degree in 3 years with no grade 13. I'm 21 years old. I've worked as an ER technician for 3 years, volunteered a bunch, spent a summer in the Dominican Rep., publishing a paper in the Journal of Science, been a Organic Chem TA for 1 year.

I am going to apply for canadian landed immigrant and apply again this time as a canadian.

Good luck to all.

Hoomsy

Guest MDSMelissa

I'm an Ontario resident in undergraduate studies. My GPA was 3.86 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 12

Verbal: 10

Biological Sciences: 10

Written Sample: O

I was accepted by McMaster. This is my second time applying to this school, first time interviewed. I've accepted Mac's offer.

Guest tweep0

I'm an Ontario resident and I just finished my 3rd year of Undergraduate studies at UofT. GPA was 3.93 OMSAS and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (13)

Verbal: (10)

Biological Sciences: (13)

Written Sample: ®

I was accepted at Western and Mac and waitlisted at UofT and Queens. This is my first time applying.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd probably like to attend UofT, but I am having second thoughts (I don't know if its because I need change in my life or if i'm just bitter from the waitlist offer. I have declined the McMaster offer and have provisionally accepted the Western offer. Theres another spot for anyone who was waitlisted at Mac. Good luck everyone!

Tweep

Guest 4smile4

I'm an Ontario resident and I completed my 3rd year of undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto. My OMSAS GPA was 3.91 (real GPA was 3.94) and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: 8

Verbal: 9

Biological Sciences: 10

Written Sample: P

I was accepted off of the waitlist by McMaster. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, McMaster was my first choice.

Guest Yevgenydorn

Rejected by Mac

Interviewed April 3

B.A. hons from King's/Dal

OMSAS GPA 3.62

No MCAT

Mac was my first and only choice this year

Volunteer, year-abroad, extra-currics, etc

Maybe next year... Good luck everybody!

Guest William108

Hi,

I was accepted at McMaster after being wait-listed. This is the only school I applied to and my number one choice. I did not write the MCAT. I am considered an Ontario resident. I have a Ph.D. in Ethics (Dept. of Philosophy) from the University of Toronto.

W108

Guest macdaddyeh

Accepted after being on the waitlist.

Undergrad: BA, Hons. , Social Sciences, U of T

GPA: ~3.6ish (I forget exactly)

MCAT: Thankfully N/A!

Of all the schools I attended, Mac was my one and only choice.

Thank you Jesus, Thank you Mac, Thank you fellow applicants!

Guest nunads

I'm an Ontario resident and have just completed my third year of undergraduate studies. I did not write the MCAT.

I was accepted off the waitlist at McMaster. This is my first time applying. Mac was my first and only choice. I will be accepting the offer.

Nadia

:D

Guest k8ee

I'm an Ontario resident. My GPA was 3.58 and I didn't write the MCAT.

I was accepted after being waitlisted by McMaster.

I will be accepting Mac's offer. Good luck to the rest of the waitlisters, I have my fingers crossed for you all - I know how agonizing and difficult the wait will be. FWTC (congrats!) and 2loony (hang in there!!!)

k8ee

• 10 months later...
Guest NDtoMD

I'm an Ontario resident with a 3 year BA in Psychology. I am currently finishing my 4th year at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine. My GPA was 3.59 and I have not written the MCAT.

I was rejected by McMaster. This is my first time applying to this school.

Of all the schools I applied to, I'd like to attend McMaster as my first choice.

I guess I'll be applying again for next year! I'm also thinking of applying to Queens and some out of country schools.