Premed 101 Forums
Guest Ian Wong

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Result: Waitlist (ACCEPTED off waitlist May 23rd, 2018 @ 2:19 pm EST)

cGPA: 3.93

CARS: 128

Interview: 2-3 stations felt good, rest were alright. Felt decent coming out of it!

Year: 4th year UG

Geography: IP

Good luck to everyone still on the waitlist!!

On 5/8/2018 at 6:40 AM, Persephone said:

Result: Waitlisted EDIT: Accepted off the waitlist at 12:53 EST to Hamilton Campus!

Timestamp: 9:03 am May 8th 2018

cGPA: 3.84

MCAT: CARS 131

Casper: Went alright enough for me to get an interview OOP at U of A with it

MMI: This was a blur, I thought it was solid, but not like super impressive. I had to interview at U of A the next day so my memory is pretty hazy.

Still waiting on UBC's 1st round of offers but I am really stoked this was tied for my top choice with UBC's IMP!

Result: Accepted off waitlist (2:14PM)

CARS: 129

GPA: 3.56 (Got lucky with CASPer I guess)

Interview: Felt great coming out, I guess it really worked out for me.

Year: Graduated B.Sc in 2016

Good luck to everyone! It is possible with a low GPA, just try your best and things will work out with some luck :)

Result: ACCEPTED off waitlist May 23rd, 2018 @ 12:36 pm EST

cGPA: 3.84

CARS: 127

Interview: Some stations were definitely difficult, other stations felt more okay. I think it's really difficult to gauge your own performance at interviews. Just tried my best and hoped for the best.

Year: Graduated B. Eng in 2017

Don't give up hope, you may be next! Good luck everyone! :)

Result: Accepted off wait-list May 28 @ 2:59 PM, Waterloo Campus

cGPA: about 4

Interview: felt not so hot for some stations and mostly ok for the others.

4th year UG

So over the moon! Definitely didn't know what to expect. Good luck to everyone on the wait-list!

Result: Accepted off the waitlist, May 28th 3:19 PM, Hamilton Campus

cGPA: 3.9

CASPer: Felt ALRIGHT, not great because I didn't get an interview from UOttawa but it felt decent. Spent about two weeks prepping after I handed in my OMSAS application with friends and did about two full-length tests from prep companies.

Interview: 5 stations felt REALLY good, 2 felt decent and the rest mediocre. I think it was very important for me to have a structure in my answers but also find a balance in having an answer that is free-flowing and connects to personal experiences!

Year: 3rd Year UG

Honestly so grateful I can't even put my emotions into words! Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Result: Accepted from waitlist May 28th 3:20 pm

cGPA: 3.78

CARS: 126

CASPer: I didn't really know how it was going to go, but I felt pretty decent about it.

Interview: There was some I felt great about, 1 I had no idea, and one I thought went poorly.

Year: 5th

I am SO happy! I definitely thought it wasn't going to happen due to my lower stats, but here I am! I hope this gives some hope to others in a similar situation. :)

Result: ACCEPTED! (9:05am May 8th, sorry for the late post, hopefully this still helps some people!)

cGPA: 3.88

Interview: Two stations felt really awkward, but most felt good and a few felt great :)

Year: 4th year UG

Looking forward to seeing everyone in August!

Posting this for data. 

Result: Accepted to NRC campus (first round)

Interview: Felt like I did alright on two stations but felt awesome for the rest. 

Year: Graduated in 2017 with a BSc in Psychology

Geography: OOP

I ultimately decided to decline/retract my previous acceptance of this offer because I got off the waitlist at another school in my home province. Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist! Hope I freed up a spot someone wanted. 

On 5/28/2018 at 5:47 PM, buttercream said:

Result: Accepted from waitlist May 28th 3:20 pm

CARS: 126

CASPer: I didn't really know how it was going to go, but I felt pretty decent about it.

Interview: There was some I felt great about, 1 I had no idea, and one I thought went poorly.

Year: 5th

I am SO happy! I definitely thought it wasn't going to happen due to my lower stats, but here I am! I hope this gives some hope to others in a similar situation. :)

This gives me hope.

On 5/8/2018 at 6:34 AM, Butterfly_ said:

Result: Waitlist

Timestamp: 9:03 A.M on May 8th, 2018

cGPA: 3.87

Interview: 3-4 good stations, 3 really messed up stations and the rest just okay. 

Year: Non-trad. Graduated 2012. 

Casper: Felt like I ran out of time on every question. 

Looking at the results of many applicants, it really pays off to apply to multiple schools! You never know what kind of candidates they are looking for! You could be a top candidate in one school or an auto reject in another! Spread your eggs in different baskets and your med school dreams will come true faster :)!

Congratulations to all those that got an offer!!

Accepted off Waitlist to Hamilton Campus!

Timestamp: Tuesday, June 5th, 2018 at 11:02am PST

Can’t believe it!! Now I’m going nuts!!

Accepted off Waitlist to Hamilton Campus!

Timestamp: Tuesday June 5th, 2018 at 12:10pm

cGPA: ~3.77

CARS: 127

Year: Gap Year working (Graduated 2017)

Casper: Thought I did okay! I'm a fairly fast typer so that probably helped. Must have gone well with my pretty low stats.

Interview: Didn't feel great about the first of couple stations, but eventually I calmed down and think I did decent on the others! 

Hopefully this encourages people with lower stats to still apply/have faith!!!

Posting for data

Accepted off Waitlist to Hamilton Campus!!!! 

Timestamp: June 20, 1:53pm

cGPA: 3.95

Year: 3

Casper: Felt alright about most prompts. Did not finish quite a few of my responses but I guess that was okay!

MMI: Pretty bimodal- had a couple great stations where I felt I really connected with the interviewer, and a couple that were just terrible, stone-faced responses, tough role-play. 

Honestly, I had given up this cycle and did not expect to receive an offer so late. To future applicants: there's still a chance even late into the year—you never know!!