Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Accepted! to Hamilton campus (1st choice)

GPA 3.88

VR 11

Casper fine I guess

Interview: I felt awesome about it

I really liked the program and the building but I will be turning the offer down

to study at Ottawa U (french program).

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Accepted to Hamilton Campus

cGPA - 3.75

Verbal - 11

I will be declining due to the fact I did my undergrad here and ready for a change of scenary. Congrats to everyone who was accepted my friends in the program have nothing but great things to say about their experiences!

Applied- Memorial, Dal, McGill, Toronto, Western, Queens, NOSM, Mac

Accepted - Memorial, Dal, Western, McMaster

Accepted (Hamilton)

GPA 3.95

VR 12

Interview was good, aside from one horrible horrible station.

Anyway, just want to let you guys know that I'm turning this one down for Queens. Good luck to those on the waitlist, and congratulations to the accepted!

A bit late, but I thought I would post for the sake of future students.

Accepted

cGPA:3.65, but I have two undergrad degrees. Most recent GPA 3.98 (don't know if that would have been considered)

Verbal:13

CASPER: felt good, but who knows?

Interview: same as casper

Thanks to casper and the MMI, there is definitely a better chance for those of us who, for whatever reason, don't have stunning GPAs. Good luck!

Accepted - Hamilton campus.

cGPA: 3.45

VR: 10

Thought CASPer was ok and thought the interview went well for the most part. Ecstatic/shocked. Third time applying. Posting to encourage people to keep applying...I have had four interviews to date and they were all at schools where I almost didn't apply because I "knew" I'd have no shot. Most of them had some sort of grade forgiveness policy - except for Mac, and Mac is the only place I was accepted. The point is, keep trying and good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Received news on May 5th

cGPA: 3.97

MCAT: 9PS/12VR/11BS/Q

Applied: Queens, Ottawa, McMaster, Western, U of T

Interviewed: Queens, Ottawa, McMaster, Western

Waitlisted: Queens, Ottawa (good waitlist), McMaster

Accepted: Western (London)

Will be attending: Western

Interviews:

Western: went great - Interviewers were all smiles and there were a lot of laughs going around. I felt like I really had a chance to shine and show off the best about myself.

Ottawa: Interview was so-so. Interviewers were very impressed with my sketch, although one of them was actually looking at another applicant's sketch for most of the time, lol. Got grilled on ethical questions which I answered adequately, but should have been more prepared for.

Queens: Not so hot.

McMaster: Did as well as I could for an MMI, which at the end of the day, just isn't my thing. Felt pretty good about myself afteerward.

Western was my top choice, though Mac was a close second. I guess the decision was made for me though

Good luck to everyone!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...