Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Accepted!

CGPA: around 3.62

Verbal: 10

Felt unsure about CASPer, initially felt confident and great about MMI although I doubted myself a bit afterwards.

This is my second time applying! Currently have a Masters in progress. Dreams do come true!! Congratulations to everyone and goodluck to everyone else! Don't give up.

Accepted to Niagara (First Choice)

Time 8:32 am

GPA: 3.62 (3.3ish first year and 3.87 2nd year)

VR: 10

3rd Year Applicant

Was brutally honest on CASPer and at some point during my MMI, I stopped thinking too hard and just went with it.

First time applying - this was supposed to be a trial run to get used to the application process...

Accepted to Waterloo (First Choice)

Timestamp: 8:31am

cGPA: 3.86

VR: 9

3rd year applicant

Felt great about CASPer but felt horrible about the MMI. Maybe it wasn't as terrible as I initially thought! Will be accepting the offer

Accepted to Hamilton (First Choice)

Timestamp: 8:29am

cGPA: 3.86

VR: 11

Currently working as an RN in an emergency dept for the last year

Felt okay about Casper, felt amazing about the interview. Congrats to all those accepted, good luck to the waitlisters.

ACCEPTED to Niagra!!!!!

cGPA: 3.93

MCAT: PS:14 VR:11 BS:14 R

ECs: Bone marrow courrier, research, music, my own charity, canadian blood services etc.

Interviewed at Mac, Western, Ottawa, and Toronto

OMG wow I cannot believe this is is happening. It really is a dream come true. I'M SO PSYCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This feels so surreal:

Accepted

Waterloo Campus

GPA: 3.79

VR: 11

CASPer: Totally unsure, huge technical difficulties first time, just went with my gut- tried to type as much as I could- typed out my thought process as much as possible

MMI: Woke up not nervous at all, felt ready and confident- felt pretty good the whole time- and then as soon as I reflected I thought about all this amazing stuff I woulda/shoulda/coulda said.

Moral of the story- I can barely stop dancing long enough to type this- and I am looking forward to meeting all of you in the fall!

Accepted (Hamilton)!

cGPA: 3.84

MCAT: 11 VR

ECs: 2 research positions (no publications), 1 long-term employment and involvement with one university club.

I thought Casper and MMI went really well for me this cycle, but after learning more about the program I am not sure whether it is a good fit for me. Also interviewed at Queen's and Western and received offers from both, so I have a lot of thinking to do about this.