Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Result: Accepted!

Campus: Hamilton

Timestamp: 7:57 am

cGPA: 3.98

Verbal: 13

Year: Graduated last year, been working full time since then.

Interview: I felt great about it. I went into it knowing I wouldn't feel amazing about every single station, so my goal was just to be honest and comfortable and I felt like I did that really well.

still hoping

waitlisted 8:05 am (3:05pm local)

cgpa:3.74

VR: 14

interview: gut feeling was good.

congratulations to all. Yea or nay the intention is what counts. Good luck. Hope to meet you all in September - depending on the breaks!

p.s. did anyone calculate percentages of those offered admission once waitlisted last year?

Interview: I really had no idea how it went. I knew I didn't bomb but since you don't know exactly what they're looking for or how others approach the questions it's hard to tell (for me anyways) if you have a great answer or just an ok one.

I will definitely be accepting. Mac is my first choice and has been my dream school since high school!

Unbelievable!!

Edit: time stamp: 7:58

Rejected

cGPA 3.95

VR 11

Interview felt fine. Practiced a lot with a friend and applied criticism I received. Felt that my nerves were fine during the interview and got to say what I wanted to say, except I did not make it personal at all. Must have done pretty bad, though.

Woke up to receive three rejections (essentially - "bad waitlist" at Ottawa) which was heartbreaking. I wish they gave feedback. I'm worried three post-interview rejections says something about me and my suitability for medicine, and don't know if it's something I can change. After an hour of being convinced I never want to put myself through this again, I know I will keep on applying and try to improve for the future.

Congratulations to those who made it, and good luck to those on the waitlist.

Accepted!

Hamilton Campus

GPA 3.48

MCAT 12-12-S-12

OOP

Felt really great at the interview, had a lot of fun with it. I'm a non-trad applicant and have been out of school for a while, so that may have helped? Regardless, I figure I must have done well on both casper and the MMI because of my GPA haha.

I'll be declining the offer however as I was accepted at Calgary, my top pick

Accepted! I'm really excited, but it honestly hasn't sunk in yet. This is my first time applying, though I'm 26 and currently finishing a 2-year thesis-based MA, so I'm not a traditional applicant. I only applied to Mac, and I think it's a great fit. I'm really excited to meet everyone!

E-mail timestamp: 7:56am

Campus: Hamilton (first choice)

CGPA: 3.67

MCAT VR: 11

ECs: A ton, and a little bit of everything. I never did anything because it would look good on my med school app (honestly, some of my ECs are what made me decide to apply), I just did things that I love and am interested in. I have a few long-term ECs that I'm heavily involved with (including 6 years with a pediatric oncology camp), and some shorter things. I don't think that it matters what you do, only what you learn from it and who you are as a person.

MMI: I felt really good about it, and I continued to feel really good but I didn't want to jinx myself or anything. I had a horrible week the week of the MMI (my grandmother who I was really close with died completely unexpectedly and I had to miss her memorial service to go to my MMI, with the support of my family), so by the time the interview rolled around, I didn't have any emotions left. I didn't have the energy to be stressed or nervous, I just had the attitude that I was going to be myself and either they'd like me or they wouldn't (I even left my facial piercing in, which is a big debate). Apparently they liked me!

Rejected

BC applicant, finished undergrad, 1st time applying to Mac

cGPA: 3.85

MCAT: 12/12/13 Q (12 VR)

MMI: Went ok. I feel like a few stations were really stellar, but I could tell a couple also fell really flat. Obviously overall not good enough!

Accepted to Hamilton campus.

cGPA: 3.72

MCAT: 12P 15B 12V S

Extracurriculars: Research, volunteering, leadership trifecta but nothing too spectacular.

CASPer: Satisfied.

MMI: I felt good about this one.

Don't know for sure about what I'll do with this one. Still deciding between UWO and Mac, but if I can get into the London campus I will definitely be withdrawing from Mac in favor of UWO.

Accepted (Waterloo)...still shell shocked.

E-mail timestamp: 7:59am

Campus: Waterloo (second choice)

CGPA: 3.59

MCAT VR: 11

ECs: RA/Don, professional choirs, hospital, special needs caregiver, etc.

MMI: I thought this one went okay, and ended up knowing one of my interviewers (we met and sat together last year on a train on the way to the Ottawa interviews...small world!)