Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Accepted to Hamilton!!!

4th year applicant

cGPA: 3.82

MCAT: 12VR

ECs: First Responder, high- level charity involvement, shadowing and coaching among others.

Interview: Thought it went well considering I'm not a huge fan of the MMI.

Will be rejecting for other offers. Hopefully this makes someone on the waitlist very happy :)

Wait listed.

GPA: 3.87

MCAT VR: 11

MMI: I really enjoyed it and felt confident about most of the stations; however, looking back, there were several questions I could have done better on.

Congrats to everyone who got acceptances! My fingers will be permanently crossed from here on out.

GPA: 3.94

MCAT: 12PS/11VR/12BS

ECs: I didn't plan on going to med school until last year so none of my ECs have medically related experience (except for one small one). Mainly student council (president), member of some local and international executive committees (nothing saving the world, mainly professional societies), volunteering, very little research, no pubs. However, I had some decent experiences like working abroad, etc. that might have given me an edge.

Interview: Thought it went ok. Nothing spectacular but didn't screw up too much.

Have no idea what school I'm going to choose. Queen's was my top choice and the only one that I was waitlisted for so I might wait right to the deadline to decide. UWO and Alberta are my next top. Will likely decline this offer in favor of another school so good luck to the people on the waitlist!

Accepted!!

Niagara Campus (First choice)

cGPA: 3.97

MCAT: 31 R (10 VR)

ECs: Lots of random stuff all around university and research

Interview: I thought it was my best one out of the four. Really enjoyed it :)

I think I am going to accept this and not wait to see for the others, Its a great school and I can't wait. Good luck to everyone else!!

Waitlisted

Email timestamp: Yesterday @ 8:05AM

BSc applicant, IP

cGPA: 3.96

MCAT VR: 9

MMI: Thought it went well for most of the stations, but there were definitely 1 or 2 that could've been better.

Will be withdrawing in favour of Ottawa, so hopefully this can help one of you guys out. Congrats to everyone who got in! :)

Accepted - Hamilton Campus

Time stamp: 7:56 AM (May 14th)

BSc Hons Applicant - took a year off

GPA: 3.64

MCAT VR: 11

ECS: Bunch of random stuff (clinical & molecular research, Don/RA, journalism, intern for biomedical engineering company, etc)

MMI: Felt really good coming out of it

Can't believe this is real, still shell shocked!!!!!

I'm an Ontario resident in conflict studies and human rights. My GPA was 3.87 and my MCAT scores were:

Physical Sciences: (7)

Verbal: (11)

Biological Sciences: (10)

Written Sample: (T)

I was accepted by McMaster. This is my first time applying and I will be accepting the offer!

Rejected.

MSc student

Undergrad OMSAS GPA: 3.29

VR: 14

Interview: Thinking it over, I definitely could have done better. I

only had a couple days to prepare as I was taken off the waitlist for interviews.

Mac was the only school I applied to this year due to my low GPA. I'll be reapplying next year once I have my MSc!

Waitlisted (and withdrawing)

Mature-ish student (26, graduated undergrad 2009)

3.76 GPA

MCAT all 11s

Lots of research but no pubs, working and volunteering abroad, currently working for UHN in Toronto.

Felt great about the MMI, much more confident about it than I was about my U of T interview. Got my Mac waitlist email before my U of T acceptance email and thought I was screwed, haha. Withdrawing from the wait list to accept U of T, Mac was my first choice though!

ACCEPTED OFF THE WAITLIST AND OVER THE MOON WITH JOY!!!

Niagara Campus

9VR (I rewrote off a 10-10-10S and ended up with a 12-9-12S)

~3.84 GPA

ECs: Somewhat above average I think? President of a fairly major organization at my university (so on lots of university committees), teaching children's dance classes, sports, hospital volunteering, some research.

Interview: Again don't know how you can be sure of this, but I think alright? I had stuff to say for each.

Time stamp: 6:32pm on May 24th. I had just gotten back from dinner with my family to celebrate my undergrad graduation. Best present I could have asked for.

WAITLIST IS MOVING FOLKS! Good luck to everyone still in limbo!

Accepted off the waitlist!

Waterloo campus, 11:42AM (ADT)

GPA: 3.67

MCAT VR: 12

Interview: I felt pretty good about it! Feel even better now. :)

OOP (New Brunswick)

I've accepted at Dal already, but may withdraw for Mac in the next couple of weeks. Either way, one of those waitlists will be moving again soon!

Applied: Dalhousie, Queens, McMaster

Regrets: Queens

Accepted: Dalhousie, McMaster

I forgot to post this on May 14th with all of the excitement.

Accepted to Hamilton campus.

OOP

VR 11

OMSAS GPA: 3.99

Interview: I was very sleep deprived, so let that bring hope to those who cannot sleep the night before an interview!

Have been reading this thread for a long time, but first time poster.

I was accepted this morning off the waitlist to the Hamilton Campus (1st choice).

This is my second time applying to this school.

GPA: 3.89

VR: 11

Interview: I practiced a lot for this interview (took public speaking classes and had practice interviews too). On the day of, I was relaxed, but in the car ride home I was so upset that I hadn't performed the way I wanted. In the end, I guess all the practice came through though, despite not having the best day.

I really feel for all of you on the wait list. I wish you all the best of luck, and hope to meet you in September.

Accepted at Hamilton off this waitlist this morning!

OOP

OMSAS GPA 3.68

VR 11

Interview: Went well, I practiced quite a bit in the month prior. I work and volunteer (unplanned pregnancy & birth control counselling) at a feminist women's health clinic, and have research experience regarding Indigenous women's health, both of which hugely inform my perspectives.

Year: Just completed a 4 yr biochem major, women's and gender studies minor

Accepted to the Hamilton campus this morning off of the waitlist! (timestamp 10:22am EST)

IP

GPA: 3.82

VR: 9

Interview: Thought it went pretty well for the most part. Did a bunch of prep the months beforehand which really helped.

Accepted to Hamilton Campus yesterday at ~ 8:34 am. Accepting this offer.

Undergrad: International Development at McGill.

GPA: 3.64

VR: 11

Interview: Didn't think that I was able to show my personality that well. I like the idea of MMI though, I just didn't think some of the questions were well chosen.

Good luck to everyone on the waitlist and to those applying again next year. Can't wait to meet the class of 2016 in the fall!

Accepted off the waitlist to Hamilton!

Timestamp: 3:17pm

First time applying, 3rd year (3 year undergrad + 1 year co-op)

GPA - 3.77 (Engsci U of T, 6-7 courses per semester)

MCAT - 11/10/10/Q

CASPER - Thought I was typing nonsense...but must've done really well given my VR and GPA. I think this one is honestly a typing speed test more than anything else. I had a good long paragraph for each question.

ECs - Average.

Interview - Didn't feel great after the MMI, in particular the stations that were a bit of a curve ball. The scenarios felt fake and construed in comparison to some other schools. But maybe that's what MMI is supposed to be...considering Mac invented it.

Mac was my top ranked school going into interviews, but I wasn't very impressed on interview day at all (I was first time slot of the first day, so maybe that's why. It was not very well organized, deans left after 5 minutes of the presentation and didn't even speak, etc.) The students were very friendly but I just didn't click with them (they all seemed to have a LOT of free time and studied independently/with little structure most of the time.) So I will be declining in favour of another school. Good luck waitlisters!!! :)